Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

Thanks for the teen info...We are sailing 5/31 with 3 teen boys! Very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great! I will try and get the activities for another day as we walk-by there each morning. Have fun in May!

Enjoy WDW. My Wife and Daughter just left. Daughter competed in the World Cheerleading Championships at Wide World of Sports

Thanks! Hope they had a successful competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you returning to the ship at 3pm? That was the only downside of the transportation only excursion. We went to Sea World, only $31pp for the transportation but would have preferred more time. Not a deal breaker as Sea World is smaller but just didn't make sense since we were in port til 9pm. I didn't want to rent a car.

Thanks for your updates. Have a great time at DW!

Seadog

Loving reading all of your adventures. It is making me so excited about our cruise March 17. We have been on Carnival and NCL before. Everyone tells us we will like RC better because my husband and I are more laid back. We have a balcony on Deck 10 and are so excited. Counting down the days and have been starting to pack already. I will continue to watch your reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on board with you. Have you joined the Roll Call?

Are you returning to the ship at 3pm? That was the only downside of the transportation only excursion. We went to Sea World, only $31pp for the transportation but would have preferred more time. Not a deal breaker as Sea World is smaller but just didn't make sense since we were in port til 9pm. I didn't want to rent a car.

Thanks for your updates. Have a great time at DW!

Last bus back leaves at 4:30. Not a long time but enough to get a taste of the park.

Last bus back leaves at 4:30. Not a long time but enough to get a taste of the park.

Was it a load and go for the Disney Transportation service? Also, I was told the buses drops everyone off at Magic Kingdom and then whoever wants to go to other parks would need to get on the bus/tram, which throws an extra 1 hr off the duration. Per google maps, it shows an hr each way to the park and back fyi. Btw I was incorrect previous in regards to the same itinerary, mine is a 7 nighters vs your 8. Would greatly appreciate any more info regarding this excursion when available. Tx in advance.

Was it a load and go for the Disney Transportation service? Also, I was told the buses drops everyone off at Magic Kingdom and then whoever wants to go to other parks would need to get on the bus/tram, which throws an extra 1 hr off the duration. Per google maps, it shows an hr each way to the park and back fyi. Btw I was incorrect previous in regards to the same itinerary, mine is a 7 nighters vs your 8. Would greatly appreciate any more info regarding this excursion when available. Tx in advance.

Yes as soon as the-bus was loaded it left and about an hour later you are dropped off at the transportation center where you then take trams to any park. Our bus left at about 740 and we arrived and are in the park by 9:20. Magic kingdom

b70a716013947456fb6bb3877e42405c.jpg

Arrived and in line for Mrs S to see Tinker Bell

Get your bag checked...

d50466a1505a79af3ad1b4c96f0a186a.jpg

Park closes at 6 today..

963282d5c4c38528f693effb38b9fb82.jpg

Lets get our tickets...

46b823b83d851b6108f4cd040b8c943e.jpg

7864a0e906ab77ed1ba00a6cc2149a48.jpg

Anddd were in...

0cdf6f1e7fbe8ae862bace59290fa538.jpg

Caught a quick show at main street square..

6213256fef7ee5ffdd1260a201b334cd.jpg

Thank you so much for this Live of the Anthem seadog67!! Looks like you are having a great time so far, and its great to see the ship and this itinerary through your eyes. My family and I are sailing the Anthem for the first time on the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary on May 31st and we cannot wait!

Thanks for sharing the info robtulipe! It definitely helps new cruisers and me alike who cannot keep track of (my time, dynamic dining, select dining, freestyle dining...) when did dining become so complicated :)

Thanks for sharing the info to clarify!

I'm glad to help a bit on your thread.

On our upcoming Anthem cruise we just booked last week, our fifth on this ship, we'll have our two teenage granddaughters who live in the UK with us on their first cruise.

This thread will give them so much info about their upcoming 7 night similar itinerary cruise so I must thank you also for taking the time from your cruise vacation to do this thread. :)

Edited by robtulipe

Yeah short but enjoy your day! If we had a cruise stop at Port Canaveral, we would do the same and do the Disney excursion. Hard to stop there and skip Disney...especially if you don't live near there and its not easy to get to Orlando. Obviously you don't expect to do it all, but any Disney is worth it.

Walking to the haunted mansion...

b829c35cb6dfe64b8060f253aa7168f8.jpg

Stopped and saw the friendship show..

bd6470607fb6838ea262b07a12572b2c.jpg

9879b223022b6a7a094c02ef42994276.jpg

Made it to Liberty Square

45c7ef2186632ab088eaf5d17dd0121c.jpg

Have a great video to post latter of the muppets Declaration of Independence...

96dc5f0c7a36e049b5b75a44fc8d580f.jpg

Now in line for 35 mins to ride

bc074d3eb8c7065dfc51f0be6ab58226.jpg

Thank you! That stinks on the price increase...

I haven’t been back to WDW in over 20 years now. My sister’s family was looking at taking a family vacation with my niece and nephew a number of years ago, but decided on a Disney cruise instead. That 2015 cruise reignited my love of cruising and now we sail with them every other year lol. (I cruise with Royal solo.) We’re looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise in summer 2019 next :)

I haven’t been back to WDW in over 20 years now. My sister’s family was looking at taking a family vacation with my niece and nephew a number of years ago, but decided on a Disney cruise instead. That 2015 cruise reignited my love of cruising and now we sail with them every other year lol. (I cruise with Royal solo.) We’re looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise in summer 2019 next :)

Now were talking, a med cruise would be exciting!

Headed over to Frontier Land after the Mansion..

Beautiful weather so far today..

589c717d0564d8fb5b639bbfa98a411e.jpg

Made it over to splash mountain... 80 min wait no thanks..

9125d6a1fb4ae2bd6677ba4993a22195.jpg

9b83c2ba937729e93f0a28e0013fe25c.jpg

54464e6ce57b5651484a652a34632f35.jpg

Screammmmmmmm...

b2efbf301d8570bd6ef6bbe48b281811.jpg

Meet one of the locals... friendly fellow..

806e84ebb0051ead4eef3279f342fa0e.jpg