Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

I notice on the cruise compass that it says the evening's dress theme is Casual. I'm assuming that means the suggested dress for dinner. We have early seating in the MDR. What would casual mean? Mostly wondering for my husband and son who would love to be as casual as possible!

Here is the dress suggestion:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/generic-onboard-dress-code

Note that they don't enforce it, so you will see just about anything.

Hi denamo. My coffee adventures are not really adventures in looking, I know there is always coffee at cafe promenade and in the lounges, I just use that as an excuse to take photos of different venues as I walk around to spice up the report. Sorry if I make it seem difficult to find coffee, it is not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D LOL...Good to hear! Your review is making us consider an Anthem cruise. Have been a bit hesitant until now. We too mostly enjoy the Oasis class.

Thank you! So, could my 11 year old son wear khaki shorts and a polo? Or absolutely no shorts at dinner, even if they are nice shorts and it's casual night?

Yes that would be ok attire. (I see it all the time). Just make sure it’s not on formal night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! So, could my 11 year old son wear khaki shorts and a polo? Or absolutely no shorts at dinner, even if they are nice shorts and it's casual night?

On our last month's Anthem cruise we saw one evening a young lady in the Silk MTD room who was wearing gym shorts and a tank top so in comparison you son would be very nicely dressed.

Who is the current captain?

I read somewhere that Captain Hendrick was on the Jan 7 cruise. Then someone posted it was Captain Sreko.

Was that Hendrick Loy? That poor captain has had his fair share of noro cruises and emergency medivacs. And he has handled them very well, keeping the passengers well informed and speculation to a minimum.

I read somewhere that Captain Hendrick was on the Jan 7 cruise. Then someone posted it was Captain Sreko.

Was that Hendrick Loy? That poor captain has had his fair share of noro cruises and emergency medivacs. And he has handled them very well, keeping the passengers well informed and speculation to a minimum.

Captain Sreko Ban is the current Captain.

“Looks like we madeeee it”

The Mythical Island of CocoCay is real and we are tendering!

Pack your bags Cruise Critics, we are going to the beach!!

Hi Seadog, thanks for great report! Glad that you had great day on Coco.

I have a question regarding tender process: did you have priority boarding since you in suite? Did concierge bring you to tender? Is RCCL has designated beach for suites on Coco beach (like on Labadee)?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Seadog, thanks for great report! Glad that you had great day on Coco.

I have a question regarding tender process: did you have priority boarding since you in suite? Did concierge bring you to tender? Is RCCL has designated beach for suites on Coco beach (like on Labadee)?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Cruza. On the tender the suite access let you join any tender number without a ticket. We did not see any concierge guided tender. We just went down when they called ticket 1 and showed our card and boarded.

I did not see a special area for suites like labadee and was not told of any. They did mention a special buffet area for suites but I could be wrong as we did not partake. We really do not use the concierge service that much, we should as it is a benefit but we are more free wheeling, so we are not the best to give advice on how to get the most out of the suite benefits.

Thanks so much Seadog for the information about the go-pro (hubby says thanks too!) keep up the awesome work on your review - will resume my lurker status.safe travels!

You are welcome! Lurk mode activated!!!!

Thank you, Seadog, for the fantastic review! We are sailing on the Anthem in 12 days doing the 12 day Southern Caribbean sailing. I have just one question.. At CoCo Cay, how cold was the water? Could you walk right in or did you have to baby step your way? We have been in March and the water was very cold!! Just curious...

Captain Sreko Ban is the current Captain.

On our 2 December 2017, 12 day cruise the master was Captain Henrik Loft Soerensen.....an outstanding captain!

I just read there will be no more Michael’s Pub starting Feb 28th, will be replaced with Brass and Bock. Have you heard anything? My husband is very disappointed, he loved their bulleit manhattan’s!

Marg

I have not heard anything about that. We like the atmosphere in there but do not get there enough. If I make it to a Q&A I will ask about it.

Hi Seadog, how was the water temps on CocoCay? did you see anyone snorkeling? I'm heading there next month and hoping it'll be warm enough to snorkel.

Thank you, Seadog, for the fantastic review! We are sailing on the Anthem in 12 days doing the 12 day Southern Caribbean sailing. I have just one question.. At CoCo Cay, how cold was the water? Could you walk right in or did you have to baby step your way? We have been in March and the water was very cold!! Just curious...

We did not even test the water, but plenty of people did and they were snorkeling in many places. It seem people did take their time getting in so I assume it was chilly to start.

Good Morning Cruise Critics, welcome to day 6 of our cruise on Anthem of the Seas...

We pulled in early to Nassau, Bahamas..

The Sun was just waking up along with us...

699be9794a71857e6e63e0d307b9d36e.jpg

The not so Mythical Atlantis is backlit by Mr Shiny..

08e4731234dec4be35efddd313f52b8b.jpg

I am glad to see they have my everyday yacht still here for me...

ccf30a5b4781db76e9a02baa0b1678b7.jpg

Welcome Neighbor...

8821e6e93a4e5e809840e76c092dd210.jpg

Gigi is going to get a tan today!

f6cbef6648afbfb0a5166ccaaa46490b.jpg

Were seizing as best we can..

26674ac34259f6eaf802c5da737c9eee.jpg

Today may be a light update day as we plan to remain on Anthem for the day and use the hopefully empty pools while everyone explores Nassau..

There are no reservations to be had left for

d25ce3a656bac31bab5421ea2bfc6c87.jpg

So we are going to try standby to catch a ride up today..

Todays teen activities

6d3fcbebc9502c773dff8570c3bf1a3d.jpg