Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

Hi seadog,

Is today your last sea day? I'm going to catch up on your amazing videos on my lunch break :)

No tomorrow is our last seaday, we arrive back on Saturday. The weather is perfect today, we can stop and just float here for several days!

Thank you for the wonderful review so far. I am on the Anthem in September going the northern route and can not wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Awesome! Glad you are enjoying and have a blast in September. You will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Seadog67 and thanks again for all the play-by-play action! I love it!!! I'm sorry to ask this again because I think it was already addressed a while back but did I read about a 10-drink package being offered on this ship? I just confirmed that we DO NOT have the drink package included and it would be a waste of money to purchase the full package for my mother and I. We're not having that kind of party (this time-lol). Again, thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Hi Seadog67 and thanks again for all the play-by-play action! I love it!!! I'm sorry to ask this again because I think it was already addressed a while back but did I read about a 10-drink package being offered on this ship? I just confirmed that we DO NOT have the drink package included and it would be a waste of money to purchase the full package for my mother and I. We're not having that kind of party (this time-lol). Again, thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Glad you are liking it! Yes on Day 6 they had a 10 Drink Card on offer for $85 including drinks up to $12 in price. I have not been able to see if you can purchase that sooner than day 6 yet though.

If I find out I will post..

Glad you are liking it! Yes on Day 6 they had a 10 Drink Card on offer for $85 including drinks up to $12 in price. I have not been able to see if you can purchase that sooner than day 6 yet though.

If I find out I will post..

Thanks and I appreciate the fast response. You are awesome!:D

It has been a beautiful morning. I never get tired of this

http://

Just had lunch in the dog house... and no, not the kind Mrs. sends me to...

a752dc259810748bfb2fe77b53040507.jpg

c78eb997edea81529afe818edd383638.jpg

1ea904745413b48128846ab3d2cf6466.jpg

Had a Coney Island and a Smokehouse with Sauerkraut (10 out of 5 Forks)

db17bb80e5648d4d332057ca11c2bf32.jpg

Don’t know how this was sent blank; fumble fingers, I guess.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying your dailies, especially now that I’m all caught up. We were on the Anthem for a 12-day cruise in spring 2016, and are hoping to book the Bermuda/Boston cruise for April 2019. There are many things we love about this ship (Solarium and 270, among them), but we prefer the traditional RP and activities on Oasis class.

Did you happen to notice if the “high-end” shops are still devoid of customers? Since this ship is sailing from the US, why can’t they have a larger logo shop and some shops for the “ normal” folks? Oh well, it does keep our onboard account lower! And I saw on the Royal Caribbean Blog that Michael’s Genuine Pub is definitely being replaced. It’s too bad, we enjoyed the two or three meals we had in there.

Hoping that was an optical illusion and the balcony railings are not loose like I noticed in your video docking in PC.

Sorry it’s almost over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by joand452

Don’t know how this was sent blank; fumble fingers, I guess.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying your dailies, especially now that I’m all caught up. We were on the Anthem for a 12-day cruise in spring 2016, and are hoping to book the Bermuda/Boston cruise for April 2019. There are many things we love about this ship (Solarium and 270, among them), but we prefer the traditional RP and activities on Oasis class.

Did you happen to notice if the “high-end” shops are still devoid of customers? Since this ship is sailing from the US, why can’t they have a larger logo shop and some shops for the “ normal” folks? Oh well, it does keep our onboard account lower! And I saw on the Royal Caribbean Blog that Michael’s Genuine Pub is definitely being replaced. It’s too bad, we enjoyed the two or three meals we had in there.

Hoping that was an optical illusion and the balcony railings are not loose like I noticed in your video docking in PC.

Sorry it’s almost over.

Thanks! Sorry I have to catch up on the afternoon report but we just hung on the balcony enjoying some champagne from our travel agent. We even skipped dinner and will get a snack later.

Yes the high end shops have very little traffic from what I saw the few times in that area. The Esplanade however is not unusable during any type of advertised sale!

We mirror your likes and dislikes almost exactly. The Esplanade is one of the areas that I also dislike on the ship. It seems cramped and a bottlenecked the whole way down due to the sale stands in the middle. And lacks the openness of even the freedom class ships.

As noted we prefer the more open plans of the Oasis Class and even prefer freedom class to Quantum Class. But like everyone knows... opinions... :)

Sorry for the lack of Afternoon updates, we basically enjoyed the balcony all afternoon.

The Captain in his afternoon announcement indicated we were due to run into a strong cold front tomorrow afternoon with expected very high winds. He indicated the outside decks maybe closed and even warned anyone prone to seasickness to take their pills early tomorrow. Yikes!!

So we took full advantage of the 70 degree temps in February to relax. Does not make for exciting reports but does wonders for our relaxation!

The sunset... Red Sky at night sailors delight...

f1c226c1cb8ed4a0b9fdd0da94210e9d.jpg

We will be back tomorrow to report on the liqour sales and our final day. Also will have pictures from the bridge tour we are on tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone has a nice night and following seas..

When comparing the Anthem's Royal Esplanade with the Voyager/Freedom class Royal Promenade...I have mixed feelings....it is true that the Esplanade is a bit more constricted, especially as you noted when they have those "sales" :rolleyes:

However, you can go up to deck 5, and avoid a lot of the congestion, and at the same time get an outside view from the windows, rather than looking at those promenade cabins in the older class...:cool:

Thank you for a great report. But i must inform you that is not a red night. From an old salty sailor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It doesn’t take much red for this Seadog to get delight ;)

Thanks for following along!

Thanks for taking us along! I am going on an 8 night- is tonight 7th nite the second formal nite? Please don’t forget the daily compass. Thanks!

Last night was the second formal. I have day 7 and now day 8 compass to post. Along with a few other items coming up. Thanks for following along and have a great time on your turn!

Seadog67 have a safe journey back to Bayonne.

I have really enjoyed your review and the pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post. We board the cruise after the next one.

Thanks glad it was enjoyable. Have a blast in two weeks, I will be jealous then when I am back to work :(

When comparing the Anthem's Royal Esplanade with the Voyager/Freedom class Royal Promenade...I have mixed feelings....it is true that the Esplanade is a bit more constricted, especially as you noted when they have those "sales" :rolleyes:

However, you can go up to deck 5, and avoid a lot of the congestion, and at the same time get an outside view from the windows, rather than looking at those promenade cabins in the older class...:cool:

Yeah Bob, there are pluses and minuses. I have to find something to criticize or Cruise Critic will revoke my membership LOL. :)

Are you taking the "All Access Tour" to see the bridge? I did that on the Quantum, and enjoyed it very much...:cool:

It is the bridge tour run by the concierge, I am not sure what they call it actually. I am thinking the All Access Tour goes to the galley and laundry and this one does not so I am not sure if both are the same. This one is free?

It is the bridge tour run by the concierge, I am not sure what they call it actually. I am thinking the All Access Tour goes to the galley and laundry and this one does not so I am not sure if both are the same. This one is free?

That's a great suite perk.....:cool: