Taking Soft Drinks Onboard

Zac#1

Hi All,

A question I could not answer.

A friend is going on a P&O Cruise shortly and they wanted to know whether you were allowed to take cans of soft drink on to the Ship.

I was under the impression you could if the cans/drinks were loose and not in a carton.

Cheers Zac

(y)(n)

Yes they can take 12 cans per person in their carry on luggage.

Only one person in our family did that on the pacific explorer did that last month. They were v cans and Coke Zero- still in the carton but they let them on as is. I guess worst case scenario is the packaging gets removed at screening time.

Actually they were in the festive spirit as bottled water made it through even though others around us had to tip theirs out [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct -

The Policy is -

As part of our commitment to the responsible service of alcohol and to ensure the safety and security of guests and crew, guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. In addition, the following beverage items cannot be brought onboard our ships:

· Plastic

or glass bottled drinks (including water) and slab packs of canned drinks;

· Tetra pack drinks (including fruit juice poppers)

Each guest can bring onboard a maximum of 12 canned drinks loosely packed in hand luggage.

it is 12 cans of non-alcoholic drink loosely packed. We take a mix of soft drinks and red bull / v (the big cans of v count as one!!!!) You do have to loosely pack them - don't know why, but the security screener made me take it out of the plastic. They had a hose / funnel set up at the x-ray machine as well for people to empty out their water bottles.

I will say they didn't count the cans at all, nor check how many people I was carrying cans for so you could possibly get away with more than the 12 per person.

it is 12 cans of non-alcoholic drink loosely packed. We take a mix of soft drinks and red bull / v (the big cans of v count as one!!!!) You do have to loosely pack them - don't know why, but the security screener made me take it out of the plastic. They had a hose / funnel set up at the x-ray machine as well for people to empty out their water bottles.

I will say they didn't count the cans at all, nor check how many people I was carrying cans for so you could possibly get away with more than the 12 per person.

I wonder if they are the mini cans if you can take more than 12, can't find ginger Ale in any cans but the mini size

I wonder if they are the mini cans if you can take more than 12, can't find ginger Ale in any cans but the mini size

Like I said before, it depends on the security staff, the policy is for 12 cans pp.

Have you tried Kirks Ginger ale, a nice spicy flavour and standard can size.:D

Like I said before, it depends on the security staff, the policy is for 12 cans pp.

Have you tried Kirks Ginger ale, a nice spicy flavour and standard can size.:D

Kirks, I forgot all about Kirks, comes in a bigger carton than I need but the ones that don't come with me won't go 'off' in my fridge .