Getting a Visa to visit Cuba.

tonygcharles

I would like confirmation that you can wait and obtain the VISA and the affidavit when you check in at embarkation. I don't mind doing it ahead of time, but it's easier just to do it at the port. Can someone confirm they've done this?

Edited ... Oops. I took 'obtaining' to mean paying for. Yes, you physically obtain/receive the Visa at the port, but pay for it prior to or with final payment if going through cruise line.

I opted for the easier route and paid NCL the $75 fee for the Visa. It was SO simple and easy. Worth the $$.

Edited ... Oops. I took 'obtaining' to mean paying for. Yes, you physically obtain/receive the Visa at the port, but pay for it prior to or with final payment if going through cruise line.

I opted for the easier route and paid NCL the $75 fee for the Visa. It was SO simple and easy. Worth the $$.

Actually, I meant both receiving and paying for at the port. In other words, can we simply show up at the port, pay NCL our $75 pp and receive a Visa? There are no links on the NCL webpage to order one, so unless you do some homework ahead of time, you'd never know to call NCL and request one. It just seems like a screwy way to handle this.

Actually, I meant both receiving and paying for at the port. In other words, can we simply show up at the port, pay NCL our $75 pp and receive a Visa? There are no links on the NCL webpage to order one, so unless you do some homework ahead of time, you'd never know to call NCL and request one. It just seems like a screwy way to handle this.

Your not being in America ... I don't know. I've read on CC that websites are different when reserving cruises from other countries.

Can you contact NCL by phone and ask them?

I would think the answer is no. Again, here in USA, I am pretty sure it is part of the 'final payment' and has to be paid by a certain date prior to sailing. But I'm not sure.

Most cruiselines charge the $75 visa fee either by including it in you're final payment or putting it on your onboard account. We received our visa during check in at embarkation.

There is a link for the NCL. This is on their website as well as my cruise confirmation and travel summary.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents#Cuba