Princess Coffee Card

geobec

Hot chocolate. Specialty teas. Iced coffee or tea drinks. Fresh brewed coffee. Lattes, frappes, etc. I believe that on Royal and Regal one can no longer use it for gelato. I never understood why that worked in the first place.

Did you read the description of what the card includes on the Princess web site?

Basically, you get 15 "punches" for specialty coffee (and they have a few special tea drinks). You also get unlimited servings of fresh brewed coffee and tea, and by some reports/on some cruises hot chocolate.

New Grounds Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

The "unlimited" feature includes both brewed coffee and premium bagged teas from the International Cafe.

For your fifteen punches there are some green- and herbal- tea-based drinks on the IC menu that can be redeemed with the card, so not exclusively "espresso-based" as the description says. Though in the dining rooms and buffet there only will be the espresso/cappuccino/latte coffee drinks available.

Did you read the description of what the card includes on the Princess web site?

Basically' date=' you get 15 "punches" for specialty coffee (and they have a few special tea drinks). You also get unlimited servings of fresh brewed coffee and tea, and by some reports/on some cruises hot chocolate.[/quote']

I've gotten hot chocolate for "free" on every cruise (23) and 10 different ships with a coffee card.:D

Doesn't work with old cards, only cards that you purchase on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

We only drink black coffee, both like hot chocolate and only one of us drinks tea.

So it looks like we wouldn't need the card for speciality coffee but the question I have is would it be worth having the card to get these drinks or would we be better off paying for them every time?

Do we need a card each?

You may drink black coffee, but the coffee with the card is fresh brewed coffee. THe coffee at the buffet beverage stations is made from a concentrate and is ...not the best. You might really prefer the good coffee! I don't know what the cost of the fresh brewed coffee or premium tea is if purchased separately; the hot chocolate is $1.50.

The card is good for one cup of fresh brew at a time. So yes, to get something for yourself and your spouse, you'd need 2 cards. Anyone can use the punches on the card, and you can combine a punch item with a non-punch item (you can get a fresh brewed coffee and a latte; the "cost" will be one punch.)

You may drink black coffee' date=' but the coffee with the card is fresh brewed coffee. THe coffee at the buffet beverage stations is made from a concentrate and is ...not the best. You might really prefer the good coffee! I don't know what the cost of the fresh brewed coffee or premium tea is if purchased separately; the hot chocolate is $1.50.

The card is good for one cup of fresh brew at a time. So yes, to get something for yourself and your spouse, you'd need 2 cards. Anyone can use the punches on the card, and you can combine a punch item with a non-punch item (you can get a fresh brewed coffee and a latte; the "cost" will be one punch.)[/quote']

Actually the coffee on the Regal and the Royal is not made from the concentrate in the buffet!

There are lots of non coffee choices. My mom loved all of the fresh brewed iced teas she tried. You could probably also get a steamer since they have the ingredients and machinery. They also have lovely hot tea choices.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

There are lots of non coffee choices. My mom loved all of the fresh brewed iced teas she tried. You could probably also get a steamer since they have the ingredients and machinery. They also have lovely hot tea choices.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

And iced beverages like the variety of blended drinks which are so good after a hot day in port:)