Half-moon Cay

cruisedreamin-gang

It's just like any other trip to the beach. If you're willing to devote luggage space and the effort of carrying it until you get to the water, you can bring any sort of beach/water toy you like. Don't know how picky they'd be on water guns and the like though but a floating mat and things like a pail and shovel for playing in the sand shouldn't be an issue. They do offer the mats for rent on HMC for like $10 each but I've read several tips saying to grab mats from the dollar store or a place like 5 below, use them while there and leave them when you're done.

Don't know if you have any interest (or if it's even still offered), but the wife and I rented a standard cabana on Half Moon when we were there in 2010. There were 2 float mats and snorkel gear included. It was wonderful!

It's been several years since husband and I cruised. This time our son and his family are joining us. Can we bring our own float mats for the kids?

I always bring an inflatable pool floatie. I buy a bunch on clearance in the fall. We inflate it, I frolic in the water, we deflate it. Repeat at each port. We leave it with a family at the last port.

We got a clam shell once on Half Moon Cay, I would not recommend them, they trap the heat. You are better off going down the beach there are loungers and shade from the trees, much nicer with the ocean breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums