How bad should I be stressing about deck 7 on Jewel

nicsdad

Worst of all, there was a cigar smoker below and forward whose smoke kept blowing towards us. The overhang seemed to hold the smoke above us.

Hmm......forward, and below....do you think it's possible, given the fact that the ship is moving forward means the smoke would be drifting backwards and up, hmmm??????

Next time, get the farthest forward cabin, so you don't have to deal with someone else's smoke. Like right in the bow.:rolleyes:

Deck 9 on Sovereign class is obstructed. There are lifeboat bottoms outside your window! Some balcony cabins on some ships are obstructed by window washing equipment. These are noted in the website or brochure. There is no obstruction on most any deck 7 balcony on Radiance class ships. There is simply a lifeboat cover that covers the lifeboats that hang above deck 6. Photo links have been posted in this thread.

We had a great cabin on the "hump" on Brilliance with an oversized balcony. Thanks to this post that's what we will choose on this class ship in the future---it's not anything that would ruin my cruise but the hump seems better!

AZCruiser...You were disappointed by a balcony on Deck 8 on Brilliance? Why?:D I think the lifeboat covers are annoying, but they in no way impact your cruise or view. Never thought of standing on one for a photo op, of course I will also never look at them quite the same way after the honeymooner incident. We like those big balcony midship cabins on Radiance class.

And AZCruiser, you are in Surprise? My MIL just moved there with her RV and purchased an Arizona room at/near Happy Trails.:)

At first we were disappointed, but got over it in no time.....as long as we could sit on our balcony, listen to the waves against the ship we were happy, we just would try not to book that category again. :D

Happy Trails is right next door!! We're in AZ Traditions, we almost bought a lot that backs up to the greenbelt between Happy Trails and our community but by time we came back to the models the next day it was sold. We heard Happy Trails has a waiting list.

Archived