Let's Give Credit to the Good Kids

Margy23

I once saw a group of teens congregated near a stairwell at around 10pm ... quietly huddled around a laptop watching Airplane! ("Don't call me Shirley")

Good kids with good taste in movies!

probably were in it for the boobs ;)

Good and bad manners, like most things, come in all ages. Our kids know how to behave. We tend to think that they would behave much like the well mannered boys that you encountered. But I suppose we will truly never really know.

Glad that you had some sunshine spread your way and thanks for sharing.

My kids started cruising with us at 8 and 4. Now, at 18 and 14 they do have the freedom to explore on their own together- because they earned it. They know the expectations and how to behave. I have also seen them give younger kids 'gentle reminders' in the pool and around the pool deck/buffet.

Love this! Our daughter is always well behaved and sometimes we have had other passengers compliment us in the dining room on her good behavior because they didn’t realize a kid was sitting next to them. DD makes good judgement and when other kids misbehave she tells us “they are acting like savages”. We have also seen adults that behave poorly and get drunk and swear. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This April is our first cruise with our children so I can't comment on how they will behave. But I totally expect them to behave no differently as they do anywhere else. I DO have experience with people commenting on how well behaved and mannerly my children are and I have to tell you it means the world to a parent. Many parents try very hard to bring up their children right. When someone compliments the child, they compliment the parent. And, in a world that is fast to tell a parent how they are doing everything wrong, it encourages me that I am finally doing something right. Please continue to recognize these children and their parents. Raising kids in this world is NOT for the faint of heart! Thanks for starting a great thread!