Photos From Infinity Hawaiian Cruise

cujosmom

Thanks for the pictures. I am going on the Summit to Hawaii on 1/15 and can't wait. It looks beautiful and warm there. How was the weather crossing the Pacific and was it rough? Did you book that helicopter tour through the ship? I wasn't planning on taking one but it looked fantastic. Thanks again for sharing and have a safe and happy holiday. Kathy

Beautiful pictures. I've been to most of those places and want to return so badly! Your pictures are a reminder of what we're missing right now. I especially loved the Kona pics, as we only snorkled while we were there, didn't see much of the land at all.

Thank you for sharing :)

Kathy9 - Our crossing going over was pretty rough for the first two days and the waiters in the dining room said it was unusual to be that rough. Also a little cool and cloudy. Those out and around pool had wool blankets on them instead of swimsuits. By the third day it calmed down and started to get warmer. By the fourth day, swim suits were on and people in the pool. About the same in reverse order on our way back except day prior to San Diego the sea was very calm.

A helicopter ride in Kauai is a MUST. Booked our helicopter tour through Safari Helicopters online prior. Price was $167 per person. They will pick up from ship but we had a rental car so went to their office. I don't know if I'd book Safari again, though, because our helicopter held 6 people and it was quite crowded. Pilot and two people in front and 4 people in back. I was in back and next to a window on the LEFT side. This is the worse side of the helicopter because of the route the helicopter takes -- counter clockwise around the island and so I got alot of glare and "water" views instead of really good scenic views. I believe all the helicopter companies take this same route and you do not want to be on the left side. If I had to do over again, I would choose a company with only 4 passengers max even if I had to pay more.

WVUFAN - Since we had been to the Big Island before and to Volcanos Natl Park, we thought we'd do the waterfalls and general sightseeing instead. In hindsight, I think we should have gone back to the volcanos instead. The waterfalls were just not that impressive (compared to the other islands) and sort of felt the day was wasted. Hardly took any pictures that day. Ended up going to an internet cafe and WalMart as waterfall touring didn't take up much of the day. Airport is close to the pier for rental car pickup.

Hey Cujosmom,

First off, thanks for posting your photos. I am leaving for a 13 day of Hawaii on Summit 1/2/06. We are not doing Maui on this sailing, but the rest is identical. Loved the chicken in the trash can and pee pee street. These are what most of my photos usually look like. Your photos are making me think these last few days are never going to go by fast enough.

A question: How crowded was the Arizona Memorial. As my B-Friend is a WWII FANATIC! We are going to do the Arizona, Bowfin, and the Mighty Mo' and then do a luau at 4:30pm. We plan to leave the ship very early. Did you encounter large crowds at the Arizona?

Thanks for posting your photos!

Have a great Christmas & New Year!

Swigso - We went to the airport to pick up our rental car before our helicopter ride. With Safari, you go to their office which is NOT at the airport to fill out paperwork, they weigh you, etc. and then they transport you to the airport where the helicopter pads are located. I "think" that's how most of the companies do it as there wasn't any buildings at the helicopter pads.

The distance to the airport (Lihue) and the office was only a 10-15 shuttle ride from the pier.

After our helicopter tour we drove to the north side of the island to the Princeville area and saw a helicopter company there (can't remember the name)...maybe that's who you are booked through but I think most of the helicopter companies are at Lihue which is a much better location as it's a long drive all the way to Princeville.

Stacey75 - We loved the Arizona Memorial. We had to pick up our rental car and then drove to the Memorial. Got there between 9:30-10. There was a LONG line when we got there but it moves pretty quick. Probably got up to the ticket counter in 20 mintues. Our "time slot" was for an hour later. But there is an excellent museum to go through that can easily kill an hour. When your ticket time is called you go into the theatre for a short movie and then get on the boat that takes you out to the Memorial. You're at the Memorial maybe 15-20 minutes. It is very moving and be sure to watch for the oil that continues to rise to the surface. We were finished by noon. I don't think you'll have any problems making your 4:30 luau.

Archived