HUB app

Kaki

I know that if you buy an internet plan that only one device at a time can use it for FB, etc.

I’m wondering if the HUB app works to communicate between 2 people on the ship without an internet plan?

Or, do I need to get 2 plans so we can communicate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The HUB app "chat" feature is separate from any other internet plans. Which is why it is a separate charge. From the Carnival website:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152

Is the Carnival HUB app free?

The App is free to download and use on board. For a small additional fee ($5 USD for the voyage) the HUB App offers chat.

The $5 charge is per device, of course.

I know that if you buy an internet plan that only one device at a time can use it for FB, etc.

I’m wondering if the HUB app works to communicate between 2 people on the ship without an internet plan?

Or, do I need to get 2 plans so we can communicate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can pay $5 (total, not per day) to have the chat function active on the Hub app. It will let you message anyone on the ship that also has the chat function enables. So, for $10, two people can communicate on the ship using the Hub app. You do not have to purchase any other Internet package to make use of it.

HUB app and internet access are separate things.

HUB app gives you access to electronic Fun Times, dinner menus, your account balance, etc.

Chat is also available (between family members ON THE CRUISE) via the HUB app, for $5 per person TOTAL

Is the Carnival HUB app free?

The App is free to download and use on board. For a small additional fee ($5 USD for the voyage) the HUB App offers chat.

If you want to chat/message with people at home, THEN you need an internet package.

HUB FAQ:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/kw/hub%20chat

So if two of us in different cabins both have our own internet plan and have iphones, we could just imessage each other. Correct? Or even fb message?

Janet

I suppose you could, using the internet. Or, if you didn't want to have to get the internet package, you could both purchase the chat option for $5 each and use the HUB app to chat with each other.