Beach with floats other than Maya Chan

Mimi19510

We will be on the Getaway in June with our 11 year old granddaughter. We have been to Costa Maya before and went to Pitaya Beach Club last year. Loved it because water was crystal clear. Food and drink were great also. But, no floats. It was fine for hubby and I , but our granddaughter is a little ocean shy without a float. I know Maya Chan has those, but the water is no where near as pretty; according reviews.

Suggestions for another pretty beach/water that has floats?

I didn't consider the water at Nohoc Kay or any of the other clubs along the Malecon "pretty" due to all the sea grass. The water at Alma Plena was beautiful (no floats however) and I think the water at Maya Chan is great too!

Not sure, but it's possible that Tequila Beach has floats. They have always had water toys of various types. But again you'll get the same water as along the malecon, plus, IMO the service and food there is mediocre and they push items at you. from the time you step off the tram til you leave. Also be aware there can be a lot of boat traffic between the breakwater and the beach so idly floating in the area could be risky if you don't watch for traffic.

For those who have had better/clearer water along the malecon, it is partially due to the currents and the time of the year. Sea grass has been an issue there for a long time, but seems the Mexican Government is attempting to do something about it with out disrupting the sea life. And yes, Maya Chan get the same effect as the maleconsince it's very close by, but Almaplena is much further south and tends to get more current flow and clearer water. The water between mahahual and Xclak is beautiful. It's just there's only 1 or 2 "inns" catering to overnight guests along the whole road. And both are 30-45 minutes from port.

I was at Jaimies a few weeks ago-

absolutely loved it, so much so that when our group was deciding between two itineraries for next year we all choose the one that included Cost Maya just so we could go back to Jaimies Blue reef . By far the best "casual" food we had for the week, the only meal that beat it was Giovanni's Table

Your best bet is to email him on the website and ask, my bet would be he either has them or will get one for you ( that's the kind of host he is)

We were at Pez Quadro last week and there were a few kayaks there although we didn't use them. There was seagrass but the water was clear and the snorkeling was great despite the water being a little rough, I saw several sea turtles and 2 stingrays plus lots of fish and coral.

The food was good and my wife said the massage was one of the best she has had in years! Much better than the one on the ship.

Water clarity it totally dependent on weather and tides. If it is murky when you were there last time, it may have been due to one of those factors. Recent rains can cause the fresh water (rain) to mix with the salt water (ocean) so the water is then brackish. Also some areas can have runoff from rain. When the tide is going out, waves can drag sand, making the water murky. Windy days can cause waves to be more dramatic on shorelines. A bay can sometimes have better clarity as the tides may not have waves. This is true anywhere.

Costa Maya - Belize - Cozumel all have world class clear water...unless one of the above factors is in play.

hope this helps...