Anything Steakhouse question

DES07

Well-done vs. medium rare...this is like trying to discuss religion or politics. They are taboo subjects! I think that to cook a good steak to anything more than MR is a crime, but my dear friend always has her filet mignons butterflied and cooked well-done. She says it is delicious. It is her steak, so who am I to argue much as it pains me to look at the poor,shriveled gray thing!! ;p:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would suggest the cowboy steak or the spice rubbed ribeye, if they are still on the new menu. Both are basically ribeyes, and due to the marbling and fat content of that cut, it is FAR more forgiving when it comes to overcooking, and will remain somewhat tender at higher degrees of done-ness.

For the record, I never order a steak any higher than med-rare. Most common cuts get chewy and tough with more done-ness, and nothing is worse than a steak with the consistancy of a chew-toy, but tha tis just me :)

EDIT: Oops, I replied to an old thread. My bad! Glad the steak was a good one!

and every chef in the country, have you ever watched the Food Channel or Gordon Ramsey, he thinks medium is overcooked

And that may be for their taste buds but if I'm paying for a steak it will be cooked according to what my taste buds like. I'm an MW kind of person and I don't want to be chasing a cow around my plate.