Huge life-altering problem (Snapchat and cruising)

Works for some, not for others.

Due to my job, I can't "go off the grid" for an entire week. So my company pays for my internet and I have my phone on the ship to use in the thus far nonexistent event a phone call or email comes through that absolutely requires my attention.

I also have a cat at home that eats via an automated feeder. When I go out of town, I have a security camera connected to wifi pointed on the feeder so I can drop in now and then via an app on my phone to make sure the feeder is working. If it's not working, again thus far this hasn't been an issue, I can call a family member to stop by and address the issue. Otherwise my cat would starve to death, and I'd like to avoid that.

We have this set up for our cats too, although if we go away for longer than a week then I will have someone come and physically check on them and change out their litter etc.

OP I think you should find some worthy CC users to take over your streak for the week if you don’t want to pay for Voom. I can think of a couple of people who would probably do it justice.

Works for some, not for others.

Due to my job, I can't "go off the grid" for an entire week. So my company pays for my internet and I have my phone on the ship to use in the thus far nonexistent event a phone call or email comes through that absolutely requires my attention.

I also have a cat at home that eats via an automated feeder. When I go out of town, I have a security camera connected to wifi pointed on the feeder so I can drop in now and then via an app on my phone to make sure the feeder is working. If it's not working, again thus far this hasn't been an issue, I can call a family member to stop by and address the issue. Otherwise my cat would starve to death, and I'd like to avoid that.

You know you can leave a giant bowl of food and water and your cat will figure it out.....

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Forums mobile app

You know you can leave a giant bowl of food and water and your cat will figure it out.....

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Forums mobile app

You sir/maddam are a genius! I had no idea this was possible! I am so fortunate to have brilliant folks like yourself to let me know that food can be left out for an animal. What will you think of next, the cure for cancer?

I feel like the people who point out that they personally just stay off their phone/internet for the week add nothing of value to any of these conversations.

That said, I would let go of the streak. A cruise is a great reason to end your streak. You could ask someone to keep it up for you, but it's hard to find anyone reliable. According to my kids anyway.

I used to stress about losing streaks in MyFitnessPal. Not the same thing, but similar. So not worth it. I turned off the feature in that app so it doesn't track streaks anymore. If you actually want to use Snapchat on the cruise, then get internet, otherwise it's not worth it to maintain a streak.