1st Cruise/Norwegian Sky/Havana/Bahamas

• 2 months later...

NCL is a great cruiseline. I have found the food even in the main dining rooms very good, Cagney's is great. Bistro is very good too. The shows on NCL are better than most of the mass cruiselines.

The excursions are NOT necessary although NCL alludes to the US tourism requirements as if it is. If you fill out your visa affidavit by checking Support of the Cuban People, you can wander around as long a yoou stop in a gallery, craft store, or restaurant on the way and take note of the name, you have fulfilled to requirement. I choose the excursion Free at Sea option and I'm not sure I'll be using it in Havana.

We sail on the 23rd of July on the Sky. If you have any other questions my husband and I are seasoned sailors, so ask away!!

Looking for priority dos and don'ts when sailing on NCL Sky. We are sailing to Cuba and GSC in July. How is the food? Entertainment? Excursions?:cool:

Literally, start at the top of the bar menu and work your way down. Try drinks that you would never pay for in your local bar.

Entertainment is good. Food so-so.

For some ideas on the Sky, the following link is for a 3-day to Nassau and GSC with menus from the ship's restaurants. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2539744

On GSC, we still recommend getting a clam shell. The sun can be brutal, and there is minimal shade on the island.

BirdTravels, I've seen you thread and want to say thank you for all the great info!

drvmywifecrzy

do you recommend someone for a car tour, the one from the ship is a dollar a minute!! Would love to tour Havana in an antique but not at those prices!!!

• 2 weeks later...
BirdTravels, I've seen you thread and want to say thank you for all the great info!

drvmywifecrzy

do you recommend someone for a car tour, the one from the ship is a dollar a minute!! Would love to tour Havana in an antique but not at those prices!!!

We used Blexie and he paired us with Rolando (Roly). Did everything we wanted and then more. Great value. It was a wonderful day.

On GSC, we still recommend getting a clam shell. The sun can be brutal, and there is minimal shade on the island.

Hey Bird, do you know how you did the clamshell rental? Do they eventually show up under excursions in my NCL? Just booked a 4 night Bahamas for December and curious. RCCL has their clams online, not seeing it for NCL