Regal Princess Accessible Balcony

RachaelBelle

We are scheduled to sail on Regal Princess in April 2019 and have booked an accessible balcony cabin. However, there are 3 of us in the room and I can't seem to find any photos or get questions answered. My DH & I are taking along our teenage daughter and Princess keeps saying we all have to sleep in twin beds. I asked about a deluxe balcony (so we could have the regular queen and a sofa or a pullman) but they don't have any accessible deluxe balconies. Meaning that's never an option. As I use a scooter due to OI (brittle bone/collagen disorder) and also need an accessible bathroom, this is our only choice. Has anyone sailed on Regal or a sister ship and could share their accessible balcony experience? Our only sailings have been with RCCL and we have been quite pleased with the accessibility of the cabin. A balcony cabin is a dream come true for us and we're thrilled to have one. Thank you for your help & info. 😊

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

The problem with the queen bed is that the pullman is directly above the bed and having the beds together limits access to it, and also forces the steward to stand on the bed to service it. Interesting that the Royal Princess has one accessible deluxe balcony, and sister ship of P&O, Britannia, has two. But I think you are not going to be happy with the balcony. Balconies on this class of ship are shallower than on the others. There will not be space to turn the scooter unless you remove the chairs. I think you should cope with what you have, as although Regal has plenty of HC cabins, few hold more than two people.

Example from Royal Princess

enhance EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I use a scooter for mobility. I would not want the bed set up as a queen as it would greatly reduce the usable turning space in the room. I like to pull into the room, go between the beds and then back up and face the scooter toward the door. Since you are in a triple room, one of the two people using the lower beds will be under the drop down upper berth. It will be easier for the person using the upper to have the ladder into the open space between the beds rather than at the end of the bed. I had no trouble using the balcony (small) on the Regal.

We do have an accessible balcony booked and I'd definitely like to keep it. This is just new territory for us as our previous experiences on RCCL we had an accessible that included the queen bed and a sofa that turned into a bed. 1 cabin was a balcony and 1 an interior stateroom. I was just hoping to get a deluxe accessible (bc a regular deluxe shows a sofa wuth a pull out bed). I guess we'll have to decide which we'd rather do - accessible balcony or a mini-suite. Any idea if the actual balcony in accessible balcony has more room than a regular balcony? I'm wondering if I can take the scooter out there. Thanks for your input! 😊

We do have an accessible balcony booked and I'd definitely like to keep it. This is just new territory for us as our previous experiences on RCCL we had an accessible that included the queen bed and a sofa that turned into a bed. 1 cabin was a balcony and 1 an interior stateroom. I was just hoping to get a deluxe accessible (bc a regular deluxe shows a sofa wuth a pull out bed). I guess we'll have to decide which we'd rather do - accessible balcony or a mini-suite. Any idea if the actual balcony in accessible balcony has more room than a regular balcony? I'm wondering if I can take the scooter out there. Thanks for your input! 😊

The depth of the balcony is the same accessible vs, standard balcony . The length of an accessible balcony is longer than that of a standard balcony. The scooter can be taken out but will most likely have to be backed in when leaving the balcony,