Never mind Happy Holidays

britsbest

Wishing you all the happiest of holidays and a joyous New Year!And the most important thing;Good Health to You and Yours!:D :D

WELL SAID. Let's be politically correct. There are other holidays at this time besides christmas and not everyone celebrates it or any of the other December holidays. Health, happiness, prosperity to all in the New Year!!!!

Screw political correctness! I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and have said Merry Christmas to everyone I have met throughout Dec. Especially in the stores that have tried to just say happy holidays. It's a time of joy for Christians, ir you don't agree you don't have to reply!!!

Carol

I am a Christian and before there was "politically correct" I used to try to wish people I didn't know "Happy Holidays". It was a choice back then, now it seems we are being told we can't say Merry Christmas. I find that very offensive. As Christians, Christ is the reason for the holiday and I should be able to express that whenever I want to. This country is supposed to have freedom of religion. I am not offended if those of other beliefs want to wish me a happy "whatever". Thus said I will continue to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, even to those who are rude and nasty.

Carol

Why have the "thought police" removed only some of the replies? Mine has been removed and it wasn't the least bit offensive!

I think I've had my money's worth out of the board for the past 5 years. I was particularly grateful for the support some members gave when my wife and her sister were on the Golden avoiding a Hurricane in 2004. I've also enjoyed e-mails with some of the members I've "met" and shared experiences.

I shall now look forward to my next cruise on the Golden in April free from any complaints about ship/food/prices and just relax and go with the flow and have great time with my family.

So, with a final thank you to you all and with best wishes for 2006 (am I allowed to say that?), it's "Goodbye".

For those of you who logged in too late to read the "joke" (well I thought it was good) I posted in my deleted message, here it is again. But be quick before it gets deleted again!

Why use 3 words when dozens will do!!

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,

non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

Also a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically

uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Britain great, (not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

Why have the "thought police" removed only some of the replies? Mine has been removed and it wasn't the least bit offensive!

I think I've had my money's worth out of the board for the past 5 years. I was particularly grateful for the support some members gave when my wife and her sister were on the Golden avoiding a Hurricane in 2004. I've also enjoyed e-mails with some of the members I've "met" and shared experiences.

I shall now look forward to my next cruise on the Golden in April free from any complaints about ship/food/prices and just relax and go with the flow and have great time with my family.

So, with a final thank you to you all and with best wishes for 2006 (am I allowed to say that?), it's "Goodbye".

Wow mine was removed too! I just tried to appeal to fairness.

Did you notice the "politically correct" post about you should say "Happy Holidays" was allowed to stay. Gives a you a good idea what side the thought police are on doesn't it? That should have been deleted too.

Archived