Connecting cabins

LDVinNC

Just realized we booked a connecting cabin - specifically L222 on the Royal Princess September 2018 transatlantic. Should we try to change location due to noise issues? Thanks.

I say yes from all the post I have read. Connecting cabins are very noise.

Tony

Connecting cabins have a double door between them --a door on each side that the person in that cabin can control. We have been on one side of a connecting cabin on a different ship and had no noise issue at all. I've had far more noise issues from noisy neighbors in the hall!

And, as above, if someone wants to book a connecting cabin, you indeed may get an upgrade.

Only had a connecting cabin once, booked without realizing it was connecting, and did hear, at times, the other cabin's TV audio, and occasionally the voices of the passengers in the cabin. Granted, the sounds were kind of muted, but rather annoying at the same time.

I have been careful ever since to make sure any cabin I booked was not a connecting one.