Disembarkation Dawn Feb25

vacation88

Sailed on the Dawn Feb 18-25 and have to say that I am disgusted at the way NCL handled their disembarkation. I purchased future cruise certificates but am trying to get a refund because after Sunday I don't think I want to sail NCL again. The Dawn was beautiful and the staff wonderful until disembarkation. We had an early flight so decided to walk off with our luggage as per instructions sent to our cabin. We carried our luggage to the 7 th floor as directed and was greeted by ridiculous lines with no NCL crew member in sight. We waited patiently on line while announcements were made looking for Canadians and the foreign visitors to report to Aqua Lounge. It was obvious that either those passengers didn't understand or care about the holdup they were causing. So we patient passengers waiting on line were inconveniced, again- without any crew member in sight. In the past on Carnival when faced with a similar situation ( foreign passengers) Carnival crew members went up and down corridors with signs looking for those missing passengers all the while crew members kept the lines in order and kept us informed. After waiting in line for 2 hours the line started to move after announcements were made for yellow tag passengers to disembark!!! Are you kidding??? The walk off passengers were still on line not knowing that NCL crew opened another exit and people without luggage who haven't been online for 2 hours were walking off!!! Totally unacceptable!!! When we were about 500ft from the exit we see a crew member (I wish I got his name but he dismissed me and left to fast) and asked why yellow tags and green tags were called and we were not yet off the ship he blamed Port Authority! When we finally get to the exit we are greeted by the Hotel Manager and other crew members sending us off with a smile....that was the most infuriating- WHERE WERE YOU during this mess? Why weren't you controlling the lines and getting passengers off in order? I am so disappointed in NCL.

I think it is more the fault of the port (and those freaking Canadians who probably thought people saying walk off a boat meant about and which in the commonwealth means to walk around a bit). I am not sure what NCL could have done differently. I guess they could put all Canadians in a holding cell the night night before and then have them walk the plank in the morning but that might prevent them from booking future cruises.

I do feel for you if you missed your flight (I fly a crapload and hate missing flights and all after with which you need to deal). But again, I am not sure what else NCL could have done.

Disclaimer...I am not Canadian but I am (unfortunately) a Vancouver Canucks fan.

Sailed on the Dawn Feb 18-25 and have to say that I am disgusted at the way NCL handled their disembarkation. I purchased future cruise certificates but am trying to get a refund because after Sunday I don't think I want to sail NCL again. The Dawn was beautiful and the staff wonderful until disembarkation. We had an early flight so decided to walk off with our luggage as per instructions sent to our cabin. We carried our luggage to the 7 th floor as directed and was greeted by ridiculous lines with no NCL crew member in sight. We waited patiently on line while announcements were made looking for Canadians and the foreign visitors to report to Aqua Lounge. It was obvious that either those passengers didn't understand or care about the holdup they were causing. So we patient passengers waiting on line were inconveniced, again- without any crew member in sight. In the past on Carnival when faced with a similar situation ( foreign passengers) Carnival crew members went up and down corridors with signs looking for those missing passengers all the while crew members kept the lines in order and kept us informed. After waiting in line for 2 hours the line started to move after announcements were made for yellow tag passengers to disembark!!! Are you kidding??? The walk off passengers were still on line not knowing that NCL crew opened another exit and people without luggage who haven't been online for 2 hours were walking off!!! Totally unacceptable!!! When we were about 500ft from the exit we see a crew member (I wish I got his name but he dismissed me and left to fast) and asked why yellow tags and green tags were called and we were not yet off the ship he blamed Port Authority! When we finally get to the exit we are greeted by the Hotel Manager and other crew members sending us off with a smile....that was the most infuriating- WHERE WERE YOU during this mess? Why weren't you controlling the lines and getting passengers off in order? I am so disappointed in NCL.

Maybe you should direct your anger at the Canadians and Others who failed to show up as directed. You can be assured that the hotel staff was busy trying to find the missing passengers. Gold Tag and Yellow Tag passengers are provided priority disembarkation before the remainder of the ship.

NCL did nothing and were not visible at all during disembarkation except as we walked off the ship. There was no crew member directing passengers nor controlling the lines. The yellow tags were schedules to leave ship at 9, followed by the green which would be after the walk passengers disembarked. That was not the case. Yes, the Non Americans held us all up. My complaint is that NCL had no plans in place nor any crew helping the situation. Obviously, there was no communication between the deck crew and the crew that makes the announcements. Why on earth would I lug my suitcases and stand in line for 2 1/2 hours when I could have taken my time, lounged in my cabin until yellow tags were called and then simply walked off the ship before the walk offs were disembarked?? NCL screwed up as the Hotel Manager admitted to when I confronted him on the way out. They handled the situation poorly. Elderly passengers and families with small children along with their luggage were in line for hours while NCL decided to start letting people off from another exit while causing the people on line a longer wait. I know this as fact because our friends who were not on line exited from the the "new exit" and were at the airport before I exited the ship! I arrived at the airport at 11:00 for a 11:30 flight. I didn't miss the flight because only because there was a flight delay (Divine Intervention). Bottom line NCL dropped the ball on this sailing. They handled the situation poorly.