Best Summer Cruises

Hello Fellow Cruise Friends!

My hubby and I are starting to plan for summer travel. We'd like to travel in July or early August. We absolutely love cruises! We've done three in the last three years. We want to hear what cruises you enjoy in the summer?

We are willing to risk hurricanes, we were on the last Oasis stop in August at St Maarten and Puerto Rico before the hurricane. We also are fine in the heat!

We've done all sizes of ships and loved the Oasis class, so we are fine with a crowd. We are contemplating a Mediterranean Cruise, but not sure if the excursions will add up too much over our budget.

If you don’t mind the heat, then try the southern route. Oftentimes your ship will be the only one in port because other ships go elsewhere for the summer. I think it’s the opposite for the eastern & western (I think these islands are busier during summer, when more families are on vacation).

Some people think the southern islands are too hot in summer. You also have to fly to Puerto Rico for the southern route, which can be too expensive for families. So, for those reasons, the southern islands can be more deserted (of tourists), making them calm and pleasant vacations without the competition for excursions and beach loungers.

You’re also outside the hurricane belt for the most part, so hurricane season isn’t as worrisome for those islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums