12 y/o daughter and "safety band"

bernman

Greetings,

We just booked on the Fascination sailing April 1 (I keep telling my daughter this is just an elaborate April Fool's joke :evilsmile:). Anyway, as she will be 12 will she be required to wear the band? Not a big deal, just a pain for pictures.

Thanks!

My 12 year old did not have to wear it on Liberty over New Years. They said right during the safety drill that 12 and unders have to wear it and that they would be distributed but no one ever distributed it. Plus, it seems stupid because they need it with the kids club because they will get you to your muster station when the ship goes down but kids in circle c which starts at age 12 are on their own to get to the muster station. We were in the back of the pack of people in the lifeboat drill so maybe that is how we got missed. I would have had my kid's removed or removed it myself anyway. He has sensory issues and his arm would have been chewed off by the end of the cruise if he was wearing the arm band.

Whats the big deal...LOL My twentysome children post pictures all the time wearing wrist bands from the local establishments they party at....Doesn't bother them?! Its for the childs safety. Plus its ships rules...

That band says they're all grown up (although that may be debatable), but the cruise ship's band labels you as a little kid. Would follow the safety rules, but I understand the feelings.