Hotels - Ft. Pierce

panzafit

We are traveling from Tallahassee to Miami for a cruise that leaves the day after Easter. We are thinking of stopping in Ft. Pierce and staying the night since it will be a long drive and we can't leave until mid afternoon on Easter (gotta do the Easter stuff first). We will be taking the Turnpike. I was thinking of either the Sleep Inn, Holiday Inn Express West or the Hampton Inn. Would anyone recommend one over the other or have any other suggestions? We just noticed there are not a lot of hotels off the turnpike and Ft. Pierce seemed like not only a good driving distance (5.5 hours) but the hotels seemed cheaper.

Ft Pierce would be a perfect stopping point on your itinerary, but if you are making it from Tallahassee to Ft Pierce in 5.5 hrs, you are moving along quite nicely.

I live about an hour north of Ft Pierce, and Tallahassee is more like almost 6 hours for me.

Anyway, still easily do-able, and then you would be around 2.5 hours from there to Miami the next morning. It is an easy but boring drive.

All the motels are clustered right there at the turnpike/95 exit, so you can just check TripAdvisor for reviews on all of them.

Thanks! I just estimated travel time. I know I can make it to Jupiter in about 6 hours without stopping so thought Ft. Pierce would be about 5.5. Plus I'm hoping to not have a lot of traffic since I'm traveling on Easter day in the afternoon/evening. 2.5 hours the next day isn't too bad. I figured we should get the bulk of the driving done the day before but still have a decent nights sleep. I was thinking of leaving Ft. Pierce around 9am. Will this prevent me from running into rush hour stand still traffic?

Oh yes, reservations always...lol. I don't do anything without a reservation. I am one of those people that don't really have much luck so I always take precautions.

Thanks! I just estimated travel time. I know I can make it to Jupiter in about 6 hours without stopping so thought Ft. Pierce would be about 5.5. Plus I'm hoping to not have a lot of traffic since I'm traveling on Easter day in the afternoon/evening. 2.5 hours the next day isn't too bad. I figured we should get the bulk of the driving done the day before but still have a decent nights sleep. I was thinking of leaving Ft. Pierce around 9am. Will this prevent me from running into rush hour stand still traffic?

Oh yes, reservations always...lol. I don't do anything without a reservation. I am one of those people that don't really have much luck so I always take precautions.

At 9am on a Monday morning you will run into TONS of traffic. The heaviest traffic goes south on I95 Monday-Friday.

If the Holiday Inn Express West is the one right next to the Turnpike I have stayed there when my kid was in a baseball tournament up there. Clean and safe. Perfect place if you are just looking to crash for a night. And as noted above you will hit rush hour traffic Monday morning, it’s also the first day back to school so leave yourself some extra time to get to the port.

At 9am on a Monday morning you will run into TONS of traffic. The heaviest traffic goes south on I95 Monday-Friday.

Okay, my comment is confusing.

The heaviest traffic on I95 goes south in the morning and north in the afternoon.

Plan for it.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Late January, prior to sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. the hotel was fine, altho navigating in the area for dinner is a little tricky.

There is a LOT of truck traffic, as the hotel is located right between the I95 and the 417 on/off ramps. The area didn't feel as safe as other Hampton's we've stayed at , but we didn't have any issues!

I'd have no problem staying there again.