Considering Carnival Conquest

Steve&Teri

Thought I would get a little input from the experts we are considering the Carnival Conquest for early Feb 2019 as we have never been to any of the islands before and the dates work well. The DH is a little concerned about to many kids on Carnival. A bit about us we are in our early 50s travel once or twice a year we have cruised before the last 10 cruises have been on Celebrity together I have also been on Princess and Royal Caribbean. We are a pretty low key couple from small town MN we enjoy good food and love trying new things. All were looking for is a escape from winter a little sun a few good drinks some good food and to relax. So for the Carnival experts do think it might be a good fit

February is a great time to have fewer children. There are always some.

Carnival offers non-stop daily activities of all sorts. You can stay as busy as you like.

There are also many places to escape the crowds, watch the water, read, nap, people watch, etc.

I think they do a good job offering different eating venues, included in the fare. Some are in the Lido buffet area, some are on outside decks.

The steakhouse gets consistently good reviews. The charge is $35. per person.

Not knowing what kind of specific questions you may have, I hope this helped. I enjoy Carnival as do my middle aged daughters and my young adult granddaughters.

February is a good time with lower than normal kids.... Only week you may see a spike would be Presidents Day week. I know grade schools in MA have a week off in February during this time and likely a few other states as well.

We are seniors who have sailed many times on Carnival. Even during spring break with lots of children on board we have never been bothered by them!

They are kept busy with their own activities. Many of the Carnival ships have an adult only Serenity area where you can relax without any children at all.

I imagine that Carnival will be louder/more boisterous in tone than Celebrity but you can do your own thing and have your own sort of trip.

It's not the children that you should be worried about. If you are used to higher end cruise lines like Celebrity, you will notice that Carnival is missing some quality. You don't receive chocolates on your pillows, the rooms are generally a little smaller, no captain's reception, quality of food isn't as nice, more things you need to pay for like room service after 10pm and $5 to message your family through the app. I still love cruising with various companies as seen in my signature, but make sure you are aware so you aren't potentially disappointed.