Booking excursions while waiting to board?

dos equis

Hi all, I'm trying to remember if this is something you can do while waiting to board in the cruise terminal. I know I've seen tables set up for specialty dining and spa treatment bookings before boarding, but does anyone know if there's a way to book excursions while waiting to board? The one we want to sign up for was removed from the website a few weeks ago so we'll need to book onboard but I'd like to do it while I'm waiting in the terminal rather than using precious ship time! Thanks for any insight. Port of Tampa/Dawn, specifically.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I'm trying to remember if this is something you can do while waiting to board in the cruise terminal. I know I've seen tables set up for specialty dining and spa treatment bookings before boarding, but does anyone know if there's a way to book excursions while waiting to board? The one we want to sign up for was removed from the website a few weeks ago so we'll need to book onboard but I'd like to do it while I'm waiting in the terminal rather than using precious ship time! Thanks for any insight. Port of Tampa/Dawn, specifically.

I try calling ASAP rather than waiting until boarding day.

download the NCL app to your mobile device then connect to the ship wifi network
Great idea! We have the choice promo and I have a feeling the $50 excursion credit won't work through the app though [emoji22]

Great idea! We have the choice promo and I have a feeling the $50 excursion credit won't work through the app though [emoji22]

You can't use the credit through the website either...ever. You have to call to use the credit or book onboard.

You can't use the credit through the website either...ever.

Are you sure? If you pay up front and then go to see Shorex on board they will annotate your booking(s) to show you have the "perk" so that when you have done the excursion your folio is credited with the "perk". However, in that case, the credit appears as non-refundable OBC so has to be spent on board.

Well that is how it has been explained to me by my PCC in Sydney.

You can't use the credit through the website either...ever.

Are you sure? If you pay up front and then go to see Shorex on board they will annotate your booking(s) to show you have the "perk" so that when you have done the excursion your folio is credited with the "perk". However, in that case, the credit appears as non-refundable OBC so has to be spent on board.

Well that is how it has been explained to me by my PCC in Sydney.

Sorry to be so ecocentric sometimes. According to the U.S. NCL website the terms and conditions state:

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

I have no idea if this holds true in other markets.