Questions...considering RC with Kids Sail Free promo

Hi all,

My family has gone on several 7 day Carnival cruises and enjoyed them. We're traveling on a budget, so we have selected them in the past because of the pricing. However, I'm intrigued by RC's current Kids Sail Free promo. We have 3 kids under 10, but I have a few questions about this promo and RC in general.

1. Can you get 3 kids to sail free in rooms that accommodate 5? This option isn't available online, and the hold time when I just tried to call.

2. As I mentioned, we save all year and travel on a budget. On our Carnival cruises, we've made it a week many times without spending anything extra onboard besides tips. Is this possible on RC Oasis? I just didn't know if the additional activity options for kids cost $$$. They loved the ropes course, sports square, etc. on Carnival.

3. Are free food options available in the after-dinner hours? We would get free room service from Carnival then, but I noticed there is a charge on RC. That's no problem as long as there is somewhere they can enjoy a late evening snack, pizza, etc.

4. I'm looking at an interior that overlooks Central Park. Do you get a lot of noise through the window?

Thanks so much for any input!

we did kids sail free for our upcoming cruise on symphony--but we were only adding two kids so not sure about 3 but it should work. The kids clubs and activities are free--lots of free dining options as well. Royal is more expensive but in my opinion worth it especially on the big ships with so much to do. Our kids enjoyed the surf simulator, the rock climbing wall and the kids club activities. The only extras are the arcade but the kids clubs offer video games for free and we had our use those. The kids also loved the dreamworks characters and the carousel--We had an ocean balcony on oasis so not sure about noise in Central park--for our upcoming cruise we are going to try the boardwalk as the kids wanted to get the soda package.

We have not been on the larger ships, so I can't speak about the carousel, etc. However, my kids loved the kids club and the pool. We never had an issue with food availability, but we also brought goldfish and snacks with us in our bags for late night snacking.

I have looked into Carnival cruises as well, but somehow we always end up with a better price on Royal. So, this is where we have been going. The kids club, rock wall, mini golf, movies, water slides, ice skating, surfing, is all free. If they want to go to the arcade it is extra. We paid for cards on the last sailing, but honestly I don't think the games were worth it. I don't think we will get that again. We did not spend anything other than gratuity and a few store items we bought on our last cruise (I bought the arcade credits ahead of time when they were on sale).

I only have two kids and we used the kids sail free on our next booking. I have not read the terms and conditions to know if they limit the number of kids this can apply to. No matter what, when we hit the 90 day mark I will check back in for any price drops to upgrade our room. You can't rebook to get money back at that point, but it does seem like several cruisings drop prices at that point and you can upgrade for much cheaper. Last time we went from an ocean view to two connecting balconies for less than $200. Just make sure you book a room you will be comfortable with in case you can't get that upgrade.

We had previously sailed in a suite and KSF applied to more than 2 kids so I would think it should work.

Central Park view cabin did not have any issues with noise, my parents had stayed in this cabin.

As far as I can remember all kids activities were free. They had a build a bear on our allure sailing that was an extra charge but certainly not necessary.

1. Can you get 3 kids to sail free in rooms that accommodate 5? This option isn't available online, and the hold time when I just tried to call.

Yes they have rooms that accommodate more than four. I have personally booked 6 in family or spacious rooms. You have to call or book thru a travel agent.

2. As I mentioned, we save all year and travel on a budget. On our Carnival cruises, we've made it a week many times without spending anything extra onboard besides tips. Is this possible on RC Oasis? I just didn't know if the additional activity options for kids cost $$$. They loved the ropes course, sports square, etc. on Carnival.

It’s possible...that’s all I’m saying. Use the cruise compass.

3. Are free food options available in the after-dinner hours? We would get free room service from Carnival then, but I noticed there is a charge on RC. That's no problem as long as there is somewhere they can enjoy a late evening snack, pizza, etc.

Yes there are a few. Pizza like was mentioned. Others very limited. Park cafe.

4. I'm looking at an interior that overlooks Central Park. Do you get a lot of noise through the window?

Central park is very quiet at night unless you are a light sleeper. Very tranquil. I’m not sure if any of those rooms accommodate more than 4.

Thanks so much for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone! We were able to get all 3 of our kids free when we called, and we have a Central Park Interior room that sleeps 5. The price was amazing and over $1000 less than a similar Carnival cruise, so we are excited to try out RC for the first time in September!

We are scheduled for a cruise March 3, 2019 on Oasis. We have two jr. suites - one is for our daughter her husband and their 18 mo. old. We are presently paying full price the little one. Can he cruise for free? I'm confused with this. Never heard of children cruising free? Could use some help with this. Thank you.

We are scheduled for a cruise March 3, 2019 on Oasis. We have two jr. suites - one is for our daughter her husband and their 18 mo. old. We are presently paying full price the little one. Can he cruise for free? I'm confused with this. Never heard of children cruising free? Could use some help with this. Thank you.

Yes, contact whoever booked the cruise and inquire about a price drop on the stateroom with the child. You may or may not save some money, depending on current price vs your booking price. Plus, make sure you ask them about any changes in on board credit.

Yes, contact whoever booked the cruise and inquire about a price drop on the stateroom with the child. You may or may not save some money, depending on current price vs your booking price. Plus, make sure you ask them about any changes in on board credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

the current Kids Sail Free promotion is for select 2018 cruise dates, so won’t be valid for your 2019 cruise.

Do they offer the “Kids Sale Free” often? We are looking at Alaska for 2019 and will have 5 under the age of 11 with us, (5 cabins total). If we book now cam we get a price adjustment if they do offer it for 2019 sailings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they offer the “Kids Sale Free” often? We are looking at Alaska for 2019 and will have 5 under the age of 11 with us, (5 cabins total). If we book now cam we get a price adjustment if they do offer it for 2019 sailings?

Yes, you can normally take advantage of future promos, as long as you are booked under US/Canadian rules.