Making the cut for Most Travelled Passeger event - recent experience

Waynetor

And with that cutback in addition to other reductions in benefits, having passengers avoid them could be their goal to save money & to even remove something due to a lack of passenger participation.

Posts have said that the more expensive less desirable drinks at the nightly Elite/Platinum/Suite cocktail party have resulted in them not attending it. A less desirable Captain’s Cricle Cocktail party has resulted in fewer passengers attending them. The elimination of chocolate covered strawberries for elite level passengers on formal night has resulted in us not ordering their gourmet appetizers.

All of these apply to me & the net result is a savings for Princess. Although we’re probably in the minority because anything that is free still attracts large crowds of passengers. ;)

My husband and I hate attending the cocktail party but we still go because our son just became Elite and he loves to go. In fact on his first party he won the bottle of champagne but the Captain refused to give it to him because Princess still had him down as Master not Mr. We had a chat to the circle host and she got him a replacement bottle which he brought home with him and remains untouched (it was the principle for him). My hubbie and I never drink the crap cocktails you are offered, we were advised by a waiter years ago to order whatever you want and they will always get it for you, so that's what we do.

My husband and I hate attending the cocktail party but we still go because our son just became Elite and he loves to go. In fact on his first party he won the bottle of champagne but the Captain refused to give it to him because Princess still had him down as Master not Mr. We had a chat to the circle host and she got him a replacement bottle which he brought home with him and remains untouched (it was the principle for him). My hubbie and I never drink the crap cocktails you are offered, we were advised by a waiter years ago to order whatever you want and they will always get it for you, so that's what we do.

Unless you're drinking their cheap wine of a glass of beer ordering anything else has been stopped.

We were on the Royal Jan 19 to Feb 28 for four cruises. We qualified each leg for the Most Travelled Guest party.

The Cut off for each cruise was around 580 days.

The 1st cruise was a cocktail party, 2nd and 3rd cruise were luncheons and fourth was a cocktail party.

Usually the Royal alternates - lunch, cocktail party, lunch etc.

However this can change (as it did for us) because the 3rd leg featured the premier of The Secret Silk on the night the party would of happened so they had a lunch.

We always enjoy all the events but prefer the cocktail party mainly because we get to choose who to sit with. Often at lunches we are sat with people who figure this is the time to complain to the officers. Sadly one luncheon this voyage had us with two couples who complained to the Customer Services Director that their embarkation was horrible because there was no priority line for Platinum Elite before security and insisted HE take care of it. when CSD said that is an issue on land and you need to put this in your survey. The man's words were "No I am telling you! You let head office know"

I should add yes there is only one line to get into the port and go thru security but it moves very fast, then you are separated to priority line if you qualify. It took all of 15 minutes to get on board initially from curb to ship. Certainly better than most airports.

Here are my reviews of our experiences at the MTG Party

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2018/02/sea-day-most-travelled-luncheon.html

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2018/02/most-travelled-luncheon.html

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2018/01/st-thomas-evening-most-travelled.html

We always enjoy all the events but prefer the cocktail party mainly because we get to choose who to sit with. Often at lunches we are sat with people who figure this is the time to complain to the officers. Sadly one luncheon this voyage had us with two couples who complained to the Customer Services Director that their embarkation was horrible because there was no priority line for Platinum Elite before security and insisted HE take care of it. when CSD said that is an issue on land and you need to put this in your survey. The man's words were "No I am telling you! You let head office know"

We have only sat with a complainer once. It sure put a downer on the wonderful lunch

Just goes to show that money (considering how many days have to be sailed to make the MTP party) doesn't necessarily correlate with having class or even common courtesy.

We have only sat with a complainer once. It sure put a downer on the wonderful lunch

I want to sit with you guys!

Just goes to show that money (considering how many days have to be sailed to make the MTP party) doesn't necessarily correlate with having class or even common courtesy.

So very true

Although the absence of the priority boarding line didn't seem to slow down the time boarding it might make a big difference during the really hot days. I've boarded at times when hundreds of people were in line without much of a wait.

What I don't understand is why some folks were denied leaving their carry-on luggage in the rooms lately after boarding. This appears to be a new move for Princess. It's not much fun dragging suitcases to the DR or buffet.

What I don't understand is why some folks were denied leaving their carry-on luggage in the rooms lately after boarding. This appears to be a new move for Princess. It's not much fun dragging suitcases to the DR or buffet.

I agree that would not be much fun. I have noticed when doing a B2B and on turn-around day that the cabin stewards prop open all the doors to all the cabins that have been vacated but not to the ones whose occupants are remaining on board. I assume the open doors are to allow entry by the stewards helpers and the supervisor does the final inspections. I also assume the closed doors are closed to protect the possessions of the occupants staying aboard. Not allowing new passengers to drop their bags in the cabin before it passes the supervisor's inspection might just be an effort to protect the passengers' possessions.

Personally, I would rather tote my carry-on bag around the ship than sit with it in the terminal waiting until all cabins are ready.

Although the absence of the priority boarding line didn't seem to slow down the time boarding it might make a big difference during the really hot days. I've boarded at times when hundreds of people were in line without much of a wait.

They did have queue roped off area inside that held quite a large group of people and it moved very fast so I don't think people have to stay outside for very long. Certainly better than it use to be.

I know on the last voyage they did have a location that people could leave their carry on. Can't recall where but it was somewhere like a restaurant. Maybe someone else can answer.

Could not have said it better myself! Why do some people forget to pack their manners?? Humility ....... where has it gone???

It is nice to be healthy to be able to go cruising!!

They did have queue roped off area inside that held quite a large group of people and it moved very fast so I don't think people have to stay outside for very long. Certainly better than it use to be.

I know on the last voyage they did have a location that people could leave their carry on. Can't recall where but it was somewhere like a restaurant. Maybe someone else can answer.

We always carry on all our luggage & drop it off in the room. Most times it's been ready to go but on the 2/18 Royal cruise they were still cleaning it up so we just dumped our suitcases & left for lunch.

I never saw the luggage holding area? Somehow we slipped by the roadblock & made it to our room. :confused:Our friends did not.

I suppose the new boarding procedure gets people in the terminal quicker even though the rooms are not ready.