NYC area hotel with parking recommendations?

stasys

My wife and I will be driving to NYC from Indiana to cruise on the NCL Escape in June. This leaves from the Manhattan terminal. I would prefer not to drive through NYC, and looking for recommendations for hotels outside of NYC that are easier to drive to, easy to take public transportation or uber/taxi to the cruise port, and I can leave the car parked at for 7-10 days.

Also, best yet if it is through IHG, as I have a lot of points.

Thanks.

My wife and I will be driving to NYC from Indiana to cruise on the NCL Escape in June. This leaves from the Manhattan terminal. I would prefer not to drive through NYC, and looking for recommendations for hotels outside of NYC that are easier to drive to, easy to take public transportation or uber/taxi to the cruise port, and I can leave the car parked at for 7-10 days.

Also, best yet if it is through IHG, as I have a lot of points.

Thanks.

For the Manhattan Cruiseport folks have been using the park, sleep, cruise packages at the Hampton Inn and Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park NJ which provide a room, parking and round trip port transportation.

For the Manhattan Cruiseport folks have been using the park, sleep, cruise packages at the Hampton Inn and Hilton Gardens in Ridgefield Park NJ which provide a room, parking and round trip port transportation.

Thanks, that looks like a great option. Cost of the room is basically the same as parking near the port.

I will see if any IHG hotels in the area offer similar.

Do you think a hotel here would also be good for post-cruise touring of NYC, or better to go for a hotel in Manhattan?

I'm not aware of any IHG hotels that offer a park and cruise. The two previously mentioned are the "go-to's". With regards to driving in NYC, the cruise port is very easy to get to, right off the Henry Hudson parkway, so I wouldn't be too concerned about just parking at the port.

I'm not aware of any IHG hotels that offer a park and cruise. The two previously mentioned are the "go-to's". With regards to driving in NYC, the cruise port is very easy to get to, right off the Henry Hudson parkway, so I wouldn't be too concerned about just parking at the port.

I’d like to echo that thought about parking at the port. Parking at the Cruise Terminal is convenient and safe. Also, as it is at the extreme west side of Manhattan it is only a short distance from the Lincoln tunnel and thus New Jersey and roads back to Indiana.

Thanks, that looks like a great option. Cost of the room is basically the same as parking near the port.

I will see if any IHG hotels in the area offer similar.

Do you think a hotel here would also be good for post-cruise touring of NYC, or better to go for a hotel in Manhattan?

These hotels are not well situated for post cruise touring of NYC. How many nights do you want to stay post cruise? Do you have enough points to cover a midtown Manhattan hotel like the Holiday Inn Times Square or Holiday Inn Express Times Square South? What are your sightseeing objectives? Another option would be to move yourselves and your car to Candlewood Suites in Jersey City for access to PATH to midtown and downtown Manhattan. With a car the Statue Liberty and Ellis Island are easily accessible from Liberty State Park in Jersey City.

Hi Stasys,

I am local to the nyc metro area - live in North Jersey. My BIL works at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park and frequently talks about the number of cruise passengers that stay there pre-cruise. I will advise that on one side there is a corporate business park (with a movie theatre) and on the other side is Overpeck Park which is quite lovely to walk around in especially at that time of year. I work in NYC and commute daily. My advice to staying in NJ post cruise - don't do it! Do you want to put a dollar figure on what your time is worth to get to/from NJ? Yes, you could stay at a property along the water and take the ferry or mass transit and only you can figure out the dollar cost. In NYC there is an Intercontinental in Times Square and there is Ink48 (a Kimpton property) on 11th and 48th (I believe). Maybe those properties might have a decent deal for you to use your points on.

I agree with Stasys. I see staying in NJ as a plan B in case you don't have enough points for a Manhattan stay. Don't forget to plan for your car as well. Chances are you can arrange to just leave it at the cruise hotel in NJ for a few extra days. It will cost you $50+/day to garage your car in NYC plus a $15 tunnel toll. Much better to just pay for an Uber or car service back to NJ to retrieve your car to hit the road home.