My 12 Noon check in time for Vista- have question

divaofdisney

OK I have a 12 Noon check in time on Saturday at Port of Miami for Vista- I am meeting my friend there who will probably arrive between 12-12:30 but likely closer to 12:30 - I have not cruised with Carnival since way back in 1988- how easy is the check in process?? We have been loyal to Royal Caribbean and their process is so quick shore to ship in less than 15 minutes. I know this is a completely different cruise line so when about should we plan to arrive?? We are taking an Uber from Fort Lauderdale hotel to port so I need to allow time for that. Thanks so much in advance.

Does your friend have the same check-in window?? Just a heads up.... if you arrive after the next group begins checking in....you will be sent to the early/late arrival area. Alot depends how crowded it would be...But 12-12:30 arrival is close to the peak time.

Yes she has same time as us. I figured it would be peak time. But how is the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am Platinum status....but when I arrived for my last cruise the flow going through the check-in process was very smooth even in the general area. It looks as if Carnival has streamlined the process very well. Reminds of airline checkin. One desk checks your doc's and ID....next stop before security is to take picture (if you already haven't submitted)... last step is security and then you walk to the waiting area and wait for your boarding area to be called. Sometimes there will be no wait and you will just start walk ing to board the ship

OK I have a 12 Noon check in time on Saturday at Port of Miami for Vista- I am meeting my friend there who will probably arrive between 12-12:30 but likely closer to 12:30 - I have not cruised with Carnival since way back in 1988- how easy is the check in process?? We have been loyal to Royal Caribbean and their process is so quick shore to ship in less than 15 minutes. I know this is a completely different cruise line so when about should we plan to arrive?? We are taking an Uber from Fort Lauderdale hotel to port so I need to allow time for that. Thanks so much in advance.

Checking in seems to go faster now.

Yes she has same time as us. I figured it would be peak time. But how is the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The new process for the Vista at Miami is actually extremely efficient, quick and simple as long as you complete your online check-in and set up your account for onboard expenses with a credit/debit card online.

Here is a breakdown of the process:

If you arrive within 5 minutes of your arrival appointment you will be sent to the "On Time" line to enter the terminal, otherwise you will be sent to the "Too Early/Late" line.

As you enter the building you will be given a Boarding Zone Card with a number on it for boarding purposes. Once inside you will have your travel document swiped and photo taken from your passport.

Then, you will go through security, and head up to the second floor where you will have a seat and wait until your boarding zone is called (if it hasn't already been called). There is a guest services here in the terminal (the old check-in counter), where only guests who did not complete their online check-in or need to set up their account for onboard expenses (with cash) will be sent. (TIP: do your online check-in and set up account online to avoid being sent to this line).

As soon as your Boarding Zone number is called you can board the ship. Agents will scan your boarding pass with tablets to get you on the ship. Your room will be ready at 1:30pm and your room keys will be in the mailbox by the door of your room at that time. If you would like to make any purchases before you get your Sail & Sign cards you will use the barcode on your boarding pass.

12:00-12:30 is peak time for checking into any cruise, so have a little bit of patience and....Have fun!!

Do your Check In online before you get there.

Print out all your documents ahead of time. This includes the Boarding Passes and the medical form.

Print out your luggage tags and have them on your bags before you get there.

If you do all that...checking in at the port will go fast.

We were just in Galveston for the Breeze and I couldn't believe how many people still weren't checking in online and printing documents. Our check in took about 3 minutes, other people had to go stand in lines while we were sitting in the waiting area already.

Check in process never too exciting, would suggest you meet your friend on-board at some predetermined spot to take the pressure of waiting on them and possibly missing your slot if either of you arrive late. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm surprised to see that if you come after your assigned check in time you don't go right in as every other post on these boards indicates. So what happens when you go to the early/late waiting area?

You will be able to enter the terminal, you’ll just go in through the early/late line (which can be a little longer). This line is just to enter the terminal and have your Travel Documents checked.

Can I just have the porters at the terminal tag our luggage with our cabin number instead of printing them out here? I'm having trouble with my printer at the moment ( I printed our docs last month BEFORE the printer began having a mind of its own). We sail on the Vista this Saturday. Thanks.

Can I just have the porters at the terminal tag our luggage with our cabin number instead of printing them out here? I'm having trouble with my printer at the moment ( I printed our docs last month BEFORE the printer began having a mind of its own). We sail on the Vista this Saturday. Thanks.

Of course!

There are also agents with bright yellow vests outside the terminal that can print your boarding pass for you, so if you can't print that out just look for them. There are plenty agents available. Make sure to get it printed before you get in line though.

Also, don't worry about printing and filling out your health questionnaire, the agents in the terminal now ask you the questions and they fill it out on their devices.

Enjoy! I will be there Saturday!