Celebrity Infinity VS Celebrity Equinox for Wedding?

ToodlezC

My fiancé and I recently sailed on Celebrity Reflection with my parents and had a wonderful experience. We are now looking into doing a wedding cruise at a port with Celebrity. We prefer the itinerary for the Infinity (4 night stopping in Key West and Nassau) over the Equinox (3 night stopping only in Nassau). However the recent poor reviews about the Infinity and it’s dated nature is causing concern. We especially are worried about the engine problems that may affect our schedule. As our friends and family would be spending quite a bit to share in our celebrations, we are especially sensitive to risk as well as overall appearance of the ship. Any insights would be helpful for an already anxious bride-to-be clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

I have sailed on both ships. While the itinerary might be better on the Infinity, a wedding celebration is a lifelong memory. For that reason, I recommend the Equinox. Keep in mind, the Equinox was the second of the Solstice class ships and the Reflection was the last. I suggest you look at the deck plans so you are aware of the few differences.

We attended a wedding vow renewal ceremony in the Penthouse on Infinity. The Captain officiated. The experience was exceptional.

If the Penthouse on Infinity is available for the itinerary and dates consistent for your wedding, I would seriously consider it. From a planning perspective, depending on how many you are wanting to attend, you will have the option of having the ceremony outside on the deck (weather permitting) or inside the Penthouse stateroom itself.

I would not let certain comments about Infinity sway your decision. Sure, Infinity is older than the S Class ships, but it is in no way an embarrassment. Our experiences on Infinity have been wonderful. We love all of the ships in the Celebrity family, but our preference certainly lies with the M Class ship experience. Just our feeling.

If the work on the engine issues coincides with your wedding date, then that would make your decision easier, but if you are concerned about Infinity’s dated nature...don’t be.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your input!

@colombiangirl - I am not a big fan on Nassau either, but we are trying to do a shorter cruise 3/4 nights to be somewhat accommodating to our guests flying in from LA who have to take an additional day. Unfortunately the only itineraries for short cruises bring us to either Bahamas or Cozumel. That is why we liked the idea of Infinity so we could have a ceremony in Key West instead of Nassau.

@Randy - We were not planning on doing our ceremony on the boat, but your review on the Infinity is certainly reassuring.

Overall our first choice was Equinox due to overall ship reviews. However, bc we were doing off ship ceremony, our guests do not have the opportunity to do an excursion in Nassau besides attending our ceremony. That’s why we considered Infinity with 2 stops.

I've been on both ships also. Like them both for different reasons.

The propulsion issue on the Infinity will be repaired in dry dock April 2. So, don't let that be factor in your decision.

Remember that with an onshore wedding at any port, you are subject to weather and itinerary modifications. I was on a cruise once and a couple had planned to do their wedding ceremony in Jamaica. Well, winds prevented the ship from getting in. The captain even tried two of the Jamaican ports, but couldn't get into either one. This couple were highly disappointed as some guests flew to Jamaica for the event.

THat said, you might want to consider having the ceremony on the ship.