President’s Cruise differences

ellie84

Have sailed with Celebrity on multiple cruises, but have never sailed on the President’s Cruise. However we will be imminently!! Can people who have done regular Celebrity Cruises and have also been on a President’s Cruise, advise me as to all the differences that we would notice between the 2! Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious as well. Sailed on one years and years ago. We got a little gift in our stateroom each night (like tote bags, notebooks - logo stuff) and a free shore excursion, and I believe some free drinks one night at a reception. Wondering what is done these days.

Went on first Presidents Cruise on Equinox in August 2017 and not much has appeared to have changed over the years. There were two free reception events with food and drinks which Classic members could attend, but they also had additional free events for the higher tiers. Free shore excursion was a night out in Puerto Rico again with free drinks, finger foods and desserts.

Free gifts but not one every night, maybe 4 in total, a number of special events that you could pay to attend, including a brunch and food/cooking related activities. There were also some very expensive Presidents shore excursions, with a BBQ costing close to $200.00 CND.

Didn't go on it because it was a Presidents Cruise but because it was 8 days and we got free air.

Michelle

This may help you, or you may already have heard of these things that are happening on the President's cruise next week. If you scroll down you can see many of the special shore excursions, on board events and what looks like one complimentary event. Have fun!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/specialty-cruises/presidents-cruise

It's interesting there are still rooms in every category available to book even though the cruise is only 6 days away. The only cabin I could see was sold out was a RS. There are even a PH, CS and SS still available. After that there was 1 or 2 cabins in each of the other categories including more than one veranda, OV and inside. Even with that, the rates don't seem to be discounted much if at all.

Edited by garyl62

It's interesting to me after reading through the website link, that many of the types of things that they are doing (certainly not all, and no free gifts or free shore excursions) used to be things you might find on an everyday sailing on Celebrity in the early days, for no extra charge

There was a free shore excursion in Mumbai for a Bollywood Extravaganza which has now been brought onboard (which makes more sense to me).

I tried to get a cabin upgrade a couple of times and was told there were none available. When I asked today she said there were some but I felt they were pretty pricey upgrades and she suggested I ask Guest Relations when I board. So I will do that but won’t hold my breath.

Really looking forward to this cruise no matter where I sleep!

Edited by Deeliteful