Currently Onboard Sky, TA across Atlantic

sunbrookgal

We are prior cruisers on Celebrity, Carnival, Holland America, Princess , RCL, and Disney. Here is the synopsis of our first 2 days onboard Viking Sky.

1. Sharp Ship.

2. Crew is Solid. As in Best this side of the Mouse Boat. Which to us makes us very very happy. Undivided attention.

3. Food is as good as the Mouse. To us that is saying a lot.

4. Its nice that the crew remember your name. I like that. A personal touch that is missing.

5. Cabin is well laid out. Plenty of space. OK, we were upgraded to a Suite. I looked in on a standard cabin today. It was bigger than the RCL we were on last week.

6. Chairs are available all over the boat on a sea day. Which we are currently having. No St Martin due to weather. :(

7. Embarkation was , well, a no brainer.

The weather the last couple of days has been good. After 10 AM today not a cloud in the sky.

If your concerned that the ship is "small" and seas are not. Well, that Nor-Easter from last weekend is now in the North Atlantic. Were seeing swells from 5 to 12 meters today. No I am not exaggerating. The Sky is handling the chop like a ship twice her size. I'm surprised for sure.

This is not a review of our cruise. It is just a small info to those who like us have not sailed a smaller ship in the past. Well I did once, the Oceanic out of NY way way back. Now that was an adventure.

We are prior cruisers on Celebrity, Carnival, Holland America, Princess , RCL, and Disney. Here is the synopsis of our first 2 days onboard Viking Sky.

1. Sharp Ship.

2. Crew is Solid. As in Best this side of the Mouse Boat. Which to us makes us very very happy. Undivided attention.

3. Food is as good as the Mouse. To us that is saying a lot.

4. Its nice that the crew remember your name. I like that. A personal touch that is missing.

5. Cabin is well laid out. Plenty of space. OK, we were upgraded to a Suite. I looked in on a standard cabin today. It was bigger than the RCL we were on last week.

6. Chairs are available all over the boat on a sea day. Which we are currently having. No St Martin due to weather. :(

7. Embarkation was , well, a no brainer.

The weather the last couple of days has been good. After 10 AM today not a cloud in the sky.

If your concerned that the ship is "small" and seas are not. Well, that Nor-Easter from last weekend is now in the North Atlantic. Were seeing swells from 5 to 12 meters today. No I am not exaggerating. The Sky is handling the chop like a ship twice her size. I'm surprised for sure.

This is not a review of our cruise. It is just a small info to those who like us have not sailed a smaller ship in the past. Well I did once, the Oceanic out of NY way way back. Now that was an adventure.

Thanks so much for checking in . Enjoy you sea days :)

Look forward to any other posts you want to share while on your TA cruise.

Sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for bringing our ship over for our cruise out of Barcelona next month. [emoji51]

About those waves ... are you sure you meant 12 meters (almost 40 feet) and not 12 feet? I believe 12-meter waves are very rare. One was recorded on the North Sea in 2015 ...

I’ll look forward to hearing your ongoing impressions.

Edited by Twitchly

Sunbrookgal, I’d be happy if you could post a current shot of th Single Malt Scotch offering with their prices. After a great deal of discussion we still aren’t sure about the SSBP. I know you were involved in that thread.

Much appreciated in advance.

HI,, Yesterday, Deck 2, Swells were as high up as the rail. Crew said the was 12 meters. Swells,, not breaking waves FYI. Large rollers without the breaking seas i imagined such heights would be. If I am off a bit, then just use the ships rails a guide. Mike will ask the bartenders what is available. Thats his thing. A beautiful day has dawned. seas are coming down. Yes!