Sea Princess 24/12 - 07/01/2006 Daily information

julieh

OK I will get these bar names right - The one above the Riviera Grill overlooking the main pool is Topsail and the one at the back looking off the back of the ship is Seaview ! Just thought I would clear that up. Previous info I was given was wrong.

Digital photo transfer to CD is really easy as they have a machine. You enter your memory card and your photo's appear on screen. Then you swipe your cruise card and insert the disc you get from the staff. It then downloades your pictures. When finished the staff will then put the disc into their laptop to prove it has worked and your all done. It costs $9.95 and takes about 10 minutes in total.

It is Island Night tonight on top deck so really looking forward to that. Will lt you know about that one tomorrow.

So St Kitts tomorrow it is now going really fast only St Lucia to go and then on Saturday we leave the ship (sob sob) still thats 2 days away. Just off to dinner now.

Julie

Julieh: Thank You Thank You !! great reviews. We will be on the Sea in March same itinerary only FT L to Ft L, so we are reading your reports daily. Glad you are having a great time.

Cori

Hi all

Just got back on in St Kitts. It has changed so much since our last visit. They now have new shops right at the end of the pier. There are jewellery stores, linen, liquor and tobacco stores. Also lots of little craft stalls. Prices for watches etc. are similar to St Maarten. The people here were very friendly. It was an easy walk round the town and visited there "Piccadily circus" which was based on London's but I don't know

how as it bears no resemblance. Also walked up to Independance square which is like a little grassed square and was where they used to sell the slaves, when it was bought by the goverment they renamed it to Independance Square.

Last night was Island night and was very lively with the Mr Sea Princess competition taking place "volunteers were found" to take part. Good night.

Well last full day tomorrow in St Lucia report tomorrow.

Julie

JMB410...I know you guys had a very active CC group. Where and when did you meet up with your CC group? We are thinking about one of the outside bars after the muster drill and then some of us will meet later for dinner.

Julie...Thanks for the update...We really didn't know what to do in St Kitts yet. Sounds like you had a good day. We may do the same and add the beach in for the afternoon. Have a great evening and a wonderful day in St. Lucia. We have a group of CC people doing a tour with COSOL there so if you happen to hear anything about that tour, let us know. Thanks!

Hi Cruzzers

Recommended beach for St Kitts would be

South Friars Bay

Frigate Bay can get crowded. Turtle Bay also can be crowded

but much worse the water was dirty from boat effluent.

http://www.skyviews.com/stkitts/stkittsmap.html

Hope this helps.

Julie

Super reading your reports on these cold winter evenings; six weeks and we are back in the Caribbean this time Oceana.

Ray

Thanks for the updates on your Sea Princess trip. Did you hear anyone say anything regarding the Sugar Cane Scenic Train Tour? In prior posts had hear that it was very worth while & did some research on it & sounds great, but just wondering if any first hand info was available. We go in just over 7 wks. & will be on same cruise with "Cruzisers" who you have been talking with. Enjoy your cruise. The weather looks like it has been absolutely terrific.

Weather has been great. There are some booth inside at the end of the pier at St Kitts where you could organise a water taxi to the beach for $10 or there was a safari style taxi bus doing tours which you could just book to go to various locations, sorry didn't see the prices.

Haven't heard any reports about the train will try and see if I can find out anything.

Glad you are all enjoying the reports I know I like to read other peoples when I am about to go.

Julie

JMB410...I know you guys had a very active CC group. Where and when did you meet up with your CC group?

To be honest, we didn't attend the gatherings, which I'm sure were much fun. My husband was gone for two years (activated Army Reserves), and we needed to make up for lost time, so we made each other the focus.;)

Well last day at we were in St Lucia. Went to Reduit beach. Taxi fare $5 per person each way. Beds and umberella's $5 each. Daughter went parasailing which cost $40 each.

Saw the show "Shake, Rattle and Roll" tonight which was in the Vista lounge and was very good as all the shows have been.

Luxury tomorrow as we are on a charter flight to UK we don't have to be out of our cabin till 1200noon and can stay on the ship till 5pm - Brilliant.

Well to finalise - we have had a wonderfull cruise and don't want to go home but sadly we have to. To all the people about to travel on Sea Princess I hope you have a great time.

Julie

Julie...we will miss your daily posts and of course we will miss you too! Have safe travels home and please post when you get there. I hope someone on the Sea Princess will take over for you and post live for us. We are really looking forward to our cruise in Feb on the Sea and promise we will post live while on board.

Cruisebore...Thanks for the beach info for St Kitts. We will likely take your advise.

Are all passengers allowed to stay onboard the ship till evening or is it just for the UK folks? That is a nice option for those who have later flights. When you embarked on the ship, what time did you board and actually get your room?

Thank you for all your nice comments after a long journey and an overnight flight we are back in the cold!

We got off the plane at 4pm local time and we were on the ship 45 minutes later it was really fast and easy. Our cabin was ready for us as soon as we got on. It was the UK passengers only as the US passengers disembark in Ft Lauderdale and the immigration procedures are more stingent. The week we were in Ft Lauderdale was as any other disembarking day (ie every one sat on the stairs at 8.30. It was great being able to stay till 4pm. We got off the ship at 12 after clearing immigration and flight check in and then took a 2 hour taxi tour around parts of the Island. Our driver was Ivan and he charged $25 dollars each and he was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Then back on board lunch in the horizon court - goodbyes all round and on the coach to the airport.

Well now have jetlag so off to bed.

Julie

Julie -- thanks for all of the information ... like everyone else I really enjoyed "going on your trip with you."

My wife and I are going next November ... we picked this cruise for many reasons but especially because of its stop in Tobago ... My wife read a great article on its beauty last year.

Did you talk to anyone who went to Tobago ... can you give me any insight ... The excursions seems to concentrate on Trinidad ... is there even enough time to get to Tobago?

Thanks Again

Julie, Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and can sleep in your own bed tonight. Thanks to you for giving us insight to what our cruise will be like in Feb. We will try to post from the ship like you did so that others can read while they anticipate their cruise.

Please be sure to do a review of the ship now that you are back home.

Take care!

Archived