For former Viking ocean cruisesr: Question on dressing for dinner

dcruisers

We have been on numerous cruises and 2 Viking river cruises.

We will be going on the Sky out of Venice in a few weeks to see some of the eastern part of Italy that we haven’t visited.

On our Caribbean cruises we are very casual during the day in bathing suits, shorts etc then dress “ smart casual” for dinner.

However, on our sight seeing trips - depending on excursions, we may wear the same clothes to dinner- adding scarf/ jewelry to spruce it up a bit.

Did most passengers change for dinner after coming back from excursions? On 7 days trips is there a welcome / farewell dinner? If so- do passengers dress up more?

I’m trying to figure out packing for our trip.

Happy cruising and thanks ahead for any information.

When are you going to Italy? Clothing is dependent on weather but by the sounds of it you know how to dress well.

Cruise starts 3/31 /18 which should be cool weather. Since it’s on,y a few away I’m starting to think about what to pack.

On our river cruises we mostly didn’t change due to coming back from excursions.

Was hoping that would be the same for Viking ocean cruise when in Europe and focusing on sightseeing. It would help with packing less for sure.

Looking forward to former Viking Ocean cruisers to give guidance😁

As you've probably read, there is a moderate dress code for the Restaurant at night (jeans are not allowed, though I've seen folks with tailored/nice jeans allowed). We tend to dress "country club casual" for most evenings in the specialty restaurants and the main restaurant. If it's a special occasion for one of us in our group, we will dress up a bit. There are no formal nights or other nights requiring special attire. If you're dining in the World Cafe, it's much more casual and easy enough to go there when coming back from a shore excursion.

I'm sure others will chime in and you'll get a good sense of the Viking approach to dining attire!

Cruise starts 3/31 /18 which should be cool weather. Since it’s on,y a few away I’m starting to think about what to pack.

On our river cruises we mostly didn’t change due to coming back from excursions.

Was hoping that would be the same for Viking ocean cruise when in Europe and focusing on sightseeing. It would help with packing less for sure.

Looking forward to former Viking Ocean cruisers to give guidance😁

Some people change for dinner and others don't. I'm with you. I want to pack light and so I choose clothing that I can wear day or night. While there are welcome and farewell dinners, fancy dress is not necessary. Men are never required to wear jackets but there are those who do. A full description of the dress code can be found in the Viking FAQs and in the booklet that was sent with your "docs." Bon Voyage!