Behind the Tour

Is this a mostly standing up tour? How long does it usually last? Are there steep stairs to maneuver? We are sailing on the Empress April 14, 2018. Hoping to do this tour!

I haven't done the tour on Empress, but frequently there is steep stairs, On the Oasis class the full tour is 3 hours. I think I have seen 90 minutes on vision and radiance class ships.

Going behind the passenger façade means using some stairways that are normally only used by the crew and they are sometimes steep. Especially the engineering control room, the laundry, the store rooms etc. Anyone with average mobility is fine but those with limited mobility should be careful. The tours last two to 3 hours depending on the size of the group, the number of questions, how busy the engineering and bridge crews are at the moment etc.

IMHO: It is worth the tour once in a lifetime if you have never seen the working side of a large ship.

Hope this helped.