American Express Giftcard

Slippin

I redeemed Amex gift card with points. They look different than tradition Carnival gift cards. I have used them to book and purchase Cheers I believe, but can they be added to my account when I get on the ship? Anyone ever used them?

Acceptable Cards

• Visa Card and Visa Gift Card
  • MasterCard and MasterCard Gift Card
  • An ATM/Debit Cashing Card may be used as long as it is a registered MasterCard or Visa Card.
  • The Discover Card and Discover Gift Card
  • American Express Card and the Carnival Corporation Reward Card from American Express
  • Diner's Club and Diner's Club Gift Card
  • JCB Card only

Note: Gift Cards may also be referred to as 'secured' or 'pre-loaded' credit cards or 'Travel Funds Card'.

Unacceptable Cards

• Gift Cards and Travel Funds Cards issued by: American Express and Optima
  • Keychain (mini) credit cards
  • The American Express 'Persona Select'
  • ATM/Debit Cashing Card other than those registered by MasterCard or Visa Card.

• 3 months later...
Acceptable Cards

• Visa Card and Visa Gift Card
  • MasterCard and MasterCard Gift Card
  • An ATM/Debit Cashing Card may be used as long as it is a registered MasterCard or Visa Card.
  • The Discover Card and Discover Gift Card
  • American Express Card and the Carnival Corporation Reward Card from American Express
  • Diner's Club and Diner's Club Gift Card
  • JCB Card only

Note: Gift Cards may also be referred to as 'secured' or 'pre-loaded' credit cards or 'Travel Funds Card'.

Unacceptable Cards

• Gift Cards and Travel Funds Cards issued by: American Express and Optima
  • Keychain (mini) credit cards
  • The American Express 'Persona Select'
  • ATM/Debit Cashing Card other than those registered by MasterCard or Visa Card.

I'll probably end up calling Carnival on this...while the response above from March seems to be inclusive I'm a bit confused.

Under "unacceptable cards" , gift cards and travel funds cards issued by American Express and Optima are listed.

Does this mean that they are not accepted on board, but WILL be accepted to pay against a cruise/add to on board account before the cruise?

I have enough American Express Membership Rewards points to redeem for a Carnival Corporation Gift Card. I'd like to get it and give as a gift to someone, but their cruise is not at final payment yet. Will they be able to redeem the card as part of their payment?