Stalking rates for upcoming cruise

This is only our 3rd cruise, and 2nd within the last 5 years. Wondering if there’s any use in stalking the website for better rates on say a suite when we’re about 70ish days out. We got a great deal on an Oceanview Balcony on Allure in May when the Kids Sale Free came back, but I keep checking just in case we can get in a suite, or a guaranteed suite, for a few bucks more. So my question is, I’ve seen people say they can’t upgrade within a certain period of time. Am I wasting my time even looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can always look. I've never hear of not being allowed to upgrade on the same sailing. Usually they will happily take more of your money. It seems lately for me that prices have only risen, but you never know.

Lol - me too. I thought I was the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For our Oasis cruise in August, we (family of 4) initially booked a 2BR grand suite, then saw great rate for some GTY, so we downgraded to 2 oceanview GTY (yes I know this is a big time downdowngrade lol!!!). We keep tracking the suite price. There was a W GTY available last week but gone now, and looks like all Junior Suite gone. I keep tracking the Crown Loft Suite, pricing have been coming down gradually (RCI keep mixing up OBC and free gratuities offer so I have to factor those in/out when checking the "net" price), and there are still plenty of inventory. Oceanview balcony price also drops a bit yesterday, so I will keep checking. I know what my price point is. So if it gets there I'll see if I can upgrade. If not, I am happy with the price I am paying now for the OV GTY.

Do cruise lines employ the same tactics as airlines in regards to rising prices in correlation to how often you've checked?

I don't think anyone has reported that. While number of price changes have gone up, it's still not like plane ticket prices.