How can the butler help you celebrate a special occasion??

vvnh16a

OK in a suite (SS) for the first time and travelling with 2 other suite couples. We are Elite PLus but if your spouse is celebrating say a 70th birthday during the cruise what can the Butler do to help arrange it...and more so do I have to bring some stuff to help pull this off!!

We celebrated my DHs birthday a few years ago on a cruise. I brought a few decorations for the suite. Unbeknownst to DH, I spoke with the butler a few days before & he had those decorations in place when we returned from breakfast in addition to some he added. There was also a Happy Birthday sign on the suite door.

I invited a few couples for pre dinner drinks on the birthday and the butler arranged for some sparkling wine and canapés and a cake at dinner. He got a extra tip for his effort and DH enjoyed his day.

The last 2 years we have been in a Sky Suite on the Summit for DW's birthday. Both times, without telling butler anything, the room was decorated with streamers, balloons and a sign both inside and on the door. Also the usual chocolate cake served at dinner, and in one case cake at breakfast in Luminae because we had a reservation in a specialty restaurant that night. Again, they did everything on their own that time too, we never told them about the reservation, but the butler had made it for us so he must have. The other year he brought a second cake as part of our afternoon snacks. We actually had too much cake, but we had to figure out how to dispose of it so he didn't know. We ended up eating most of it, but put the rest in a trash can by the elevators!