Glorious Spring Break Review - March 10th-17th

tvlworm

I’m having the hardest time with pictures loading and returning an error message that says sorry we have trouble completing this request. I took a screenshot of the error and that too won’t post. Any suggestions??

Might just be a good time to wrap up for the night and try again tomorrow. I’ll first though try posting the fun times for the first day.

Here is the error, I have clicked the option to report it.

IMG_1521423865.381190.thumb.jpg.cbb2888a9d7cfd50b0fa1f3a110c0ce7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was pretty pleased when we received our room assignment about 30 days prior to sailing and seeing we were on the spa deck, even though there would be no perks since it’s not a Cloud 9 spa. Our room was underneath the Serenity area which for the majority of the week was VERY nice and quiet. Even better was there were only 6 other cabins on our side of the ship. I say quiet for most of the week because one particular night it was horrible! There’s a Serenity Night party midweek that starts at 1130p and didn’t end until about 3am. We were all woken up from what sounded like deck chairs being slammed down directly above our room. Not a fun night.

I just began reading your review. I feel your frustration with the late night deck party. We were just on the Vista in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin right below the Serenity deck. Never a noise until that party. Our room was vibrating from the loud music. I believe the party started at 10 and lasted until 2. I went to guest services around midnight and asked when will the party be over. They said 12:30. Fun Times said the party went until late. Guest Services didn't know how late because I called them twice and was told 2 different times.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review.

I just began reading your review. I feel your frustration with the late night deck party. We were just on the Vista in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin right below the Serenity deck. Never a noise until that party. Our room was vibrating from the loud music. I believe the party started at 10 and lasted until 2. I went to guest services around midnight and asked when will the party be over. They said 12:30. Fun Times said the party went until late. Guest Services didn't know how late because I called them twice and was told 2 different times.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review.

It was horrible but glad that was the only time we had any issues with noise. There’s nothing serene about bass thumping at 2am!

Happy Monday! Work is a struggle today and I’m happy to spend lunch vacation reminiscing!

Picking right back up...We ended up calling it a night after watching both of the Dive In movies. At first I wasn’t sure if I cared for the layout of the main pool deck area. The tiered decks look like they take up more space and makes it seem more crowded. However I quickly grew to love it, especially for the movies and events around the pool, made it much easier to see the action.

Thanks to daylight saving time, we got a later than usual start to our first sea day. I was very happy to see blue skies and the sun! DM and I went down to the lido for breakfast and even though it was after 8a, it was pretty quiet yet. Returned to our room to change, grab our towels and play sun goddesses for the day. Everyone else must have gotten that same idea around the same time because it seemed to fill up fast within minutes.

I will add, there are many areas around the ship with loungers. Finding a chair overall isn’t a challenge, just around the main pool area and the aft part of the ship seemed the most popular. While I did see lots of “saved” chairs, most of the time they were truly being used and not empty for hours!

We lounged around the lido pool to watch both the mixology contest and the auditions for the lib sync battle, the latter was really fun!! Dustin, the CD was GREAT!! Very entertaining and not over the top and best of all did not have an annoying voice! By this time my skin couldn’t handle anymore 80 degree sun and had to find shaded or indoor fun for the rest of the day.

Grabbed a sandwich from the deli for lunch, I read many comments when the new menu was rolled out and not many positive reactions to the sandwiches being premade and no longer to order. I was skeptical but happily surprised and it became one of my favorite places to grab a quick bite. Having the sandwiches premade significantly cut down the time it took to get through the line. I tried a different sandwich every visit and all were pretty good. And the fresh chocolate sea salt cookies were so yummy!

Freshened up and made our way to deck 5 for Cruise elegant night people watching. It’s always fun seeing everyone dressed up and pretty entertaining watching those who were wearing ridiculously high heels who struggled to walk in them. I know I’d be one of them if I were to wear heels!

Dinner that night was a mix between lido, pizza and the deli. We really enjoy the dining room experience and food but base going there on how everyone is feeling at the end of the day. The lido in previous cruises has been a good mix of hit and miss, sometimes with more misses but the food overall on the Glory was a hit, even at the lido the majority of the time!

We called in an early night as our first port was Grand Cayman which had a bright and early arrival time of 730am.

Finally having luck again with pictures, few from the night prior and of our sea day. Fun Times will be posted after work.

. IMG_1521483517.456203.jpg.99b1a38dc33165c06c310ef5924e1eeb.jpg

IMG_1521483482.857241.jpg.2af63d1f46acbc4be9800a0867d6622a.jpg

IMG_1521483489.652940.jpg.46d46d1e3365a21ecc7dc3837edfa49e.jpg

IMG_1521483496.781453.jpg.f9a63dc58c6016200263ba925a1a75dc.jpg

IMG_1521483504.570470.jpg.4a4ec1efa0d0a479548e205c533c971a.jpg

IMG_1521483512.006654.jpg.a449d9d749592d9ef6e93fa04193f050.jpg

Thanks for your review! We sailed the Glory in mid-February, so great to see pictures from another cruisers' perspective. Looking forward to more!

Going on The Glory for the 2nd time May 12, enjoying your review and getting more anxious (if that's possible).

The pics are working for me to see...

Great review so far!

Great start to your review...looking forward to reading along and seeing all the pictures

Going on The Glory for the 2nd time May 12, enjoying your review and getting more anxious (if that's possible).

Thanks for your review! We sailed the Glory in mid-February, so great to see pictures from another cruisers' perspective. Looking forward to more!

Thanks for reading!

So was there a party in the adult serenity area? If so I’m lookin forward to that!

Yes - Serenity Nights was what it was listed as and it happened on Monday night. Despite our initial confusion from what was going on, it sounded like everyone was having a good time!

First port day! Monday morning brought our arrival into Grand Cayman with an early call of 730a which required setting the alarm clock ☹️ something that’s not really fun on vacation. We wanted to take advantage of the priority tender service with FTTF and make the most of our time since back onboard time was 230p. This was the first time we’ve ever ordered the room service breakfast and it was a lifesaver and we ended up doing it a few more port days.

We were onshore and at our destination for the day by 8am. Grand Cayman was the only port really struggled with planning what to do. We’d previously done an island tour which included the turtle farm and Hell and have also done public beach, all of which we liked. No one seemed up to swimming with stingrays leaving us with not many options.

I stumbled across an add for the new Margaritaville Beach Resort which is right at the very start of seven mile beach. Since they are still in soft opening, I found a great one night rate that I booked for checking in Sunday. I called in advance to let them know we wouldn’t be checking in until early Monday morning and had no problems checking in.

The resort was beautiful with multiple pools, swim-up bar and a protected cove swimming beach. It was really nice having an actual room to store our bag and use to change clothes. Since we were technically guests, we used the complementary beach/pool towels and didn’t have to take the carnival ones off the ship.

We left the resort and were back near the port for some shopping by 1pm and onboard a little after 2p. Since it was still so early, everyone was up for eating in the dining room so we got cleaned up and relaxed in the lobby bar listening to the strings group until it opened. Ive always liked the string groups and how they play modern songs.

Dinner service was good, with no complaints on the food or the actual service. My DS is always the adventurous eater and during the week tried the braised rabbit and ox tongue...my reaction was more like 🤢. Funny thing was after dinner I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the Epic Rock show and got a similar response [emoji23].

While we didn’t end up going to the show, I did check out the 80s music trivia party in the lobby and it was so much fun that I went to similar nights the rest of the week.

The few drinks I had at the 80s party were telling me I could party all night, my brain said otherwise because the next day was Roatan/Mahogany Bay and it was the day I was most excited for out of the whole trip.

Here’s pictures of our day in Grand Cayman.

DSCN0087.thumb.jpg.69c5a4f0a751b5981fb7efb5f6509689.jpg

IMG_0505.thumb.jpg.9728b3823f9f6237265791e504ddb193.jpg

IMG_0351.thumb.jpg.be5b8002d9666ab466f17a10150475d7.jpg

IMG_0361.thumb.jpg.76d7f2575586d223d0a4cf4be8206eca.jpg

IMG_0357.thumb.jpg.e1420afd996b43785f45b380c61859dd.jpg

IMG_0375.thumb.jpg.6aaa073186c71430e3aae33850c0d688.jpg

IMG_0360.thumb.jpg.6b3e983d63c022be8630b866836d9adc.jpg

Wonderful review! Thinking about booking my dh and two girls for the Glory during a spring break. Did it seem to handle spring break crowds pretty well?

I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed the trivia on cruise ships until my 3rd cruise. They’re a blast! Especially when hosted by an excellent CD.

Wonderful review! Thinking about booking my dh and two girls for the Glory during a spring break. Did it seem to handle spring break crowds pretty well?

I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed the trivia on cruise ships until my 3rd cruise. They’re a blast! Especially when hosted by an excellent CD.

Thank you! I think it did, there were a few pockets of spring breaker groups but not all that many given the week it was. I was really happy with the wide age mix onboard. Too having 4 port days in a row I think helped curb super heavy partying. It also was so nice having two dedicated adult only areas with both Serenity and the aft pool, especially since they are on opposite sides of the ship.

Tuesday was the day I was looking forward to the most! Roatan was a new port for all of us and we booked reservations for Little French Key (LFK) and I couldn’t wait to get there! Our time in port this day was scheduled from 10a with back onboard at 530p so we were not nearly as rushed as the day prior in Grand Cayman, yay!!

LFK is not a Carnival excursion, and instead is booked directly through their website. They do provide round trip transportation from and back to the port and provided us with detailed instructions on where to meet their drivers who would be waiting about a 5 minute walk outside of the port area. The return, they are able to drive all the way in to drop you back off.

There were several other people walking along as well and a few were also going to LFK for the day. As they instructed, the drivers were ready and waiting to whisk us away to paradise.

All of the hype and previous reviews I read for LFK did not disappoint, this place is a true gem and a slice of heaven on an island! I could go on and on a mile long gushing about how much fun we had and how beautiful it was. Extremely clean and very fun to explore with several different areas to enjoy including their animal sanctuary. They have several different packages to choose from and we had the full island plus which included lunch, several drinks and a snorkeling excursion over the nearby reef. You can also add on massages and encounters with several of the animals which we did with the leopards.

Everything was top notch throughout the entire day and the staff was so attentive and ready to help you make the most of your time. I love to snorkel every chance I can and read that the Roatan area as a whole has excellent reefs and I agree, it was for me the highlight. I bought an underwater camera for this trip and now regret not doing so years ago! I wish I wasn’t land locked in MN to use it more often.

After the snorkeling excursion, it was time for the DD’s interaction time with the leopards. I’m still in awe that she did it! Was an amazing experience and one she’ll never forget!

Sadly our time here wasn’t long enough and we had to head back to port. The shopping area at the port is quite nice so we did some last minute souvenir shopping before getting on the ship. I headed to the side to view the beach area of Mahogany Bay, which also looked pretty nice.

After a full day of sun, swimming and tons of fun, everyone wanted a quick option for dinner so the lido it was this night followed by the dive in movie, Wonder which we love! Perfect way to wrap up our day!

Here are LFK photos. I’ll follow with the pictures of Mahogany Bay and then the Fun Times.

IMG_0630.thumb.jpg.89558e2aff4595f4c34b92973f2c9c93.jpg

IMG_0555.thumb.jpg.c4372a7e209b1d2d40ca267477ce56fc.jpg

IMG_0607.thumb.jpg.442aea7c35a81cf9e09b2233f6ad9612.jpg

IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.464b7c45abd087138cf287eb1829750a.jpg

IMG_0613.thumb.jpg.4861c3d58c9f51429ebbc1a47ac123ff.jpg

IMG_0614.thumb.jpg.bd02c0720565cad04ba6d2f626056150.jpg

DSCN0227.thumb.jpg.f2c4e5f0694bc8cd9c76acc456fbfb52.jpg

DSCN0234.thumb.jpg.8ab943e59abc728a0306d17762f71d42.jpg

Grand Cayman is a tender port right? How long of a boat ride is that? The ships don’t look as far away from shore as they are in Belize.

It is a tender port but much closer than Belize. Takes maybe 5-10 minutes.

Thank you and gotta say, I love your reviews ! Your Halloween one cracked me up!

Great review so far. Enjoying all your pictures!

Going on the Glory this October...get to sail with Watermelonqueen99 (her Halloween review was really funny.) But doing this itinerary next October on the Conquest.