Our Alaska Trip

W2N

W2N, you mentioned taking a few lenses for your DSLR. Which one did you use most?

i ended using a 70-300 the most, this is also my most used lense just about everywhere. I also used a 50 prime some.

Thank you! That 70-300 is very versatile, and I love my "Nifty Fifty" too. I love the results you got. I know you must have loved shooting those pictures.

yes I did have a good time shooting all the pictures. I also took a 18-55 which I thought I would use more but only ended up using it inside the ship or lodges.

Hi there! i am the Wifey of W2N. i as so glad you are enjoying our trip. It was absolutely amazing! The only thing I would do different is to go maybe in June. The rain wasn't all that bad the majority of the time. It was more like a mist and not always raining. if you are considering going to Alaska don't wait! it is well worth the memories!

Happy Sailing!

Hi there! i am the Wifey of W2N. i as so glad you are enjoying our trip. It was absolutely amazing! The only thing I would do different is to go maybe in June. The rain wasn't all that bad the majority of the time. It was more like a mist and not always raining. if you are considering going to Alaska don't wait! it is well worth the memories!

Happy Sailing!

Loved reading about your trip! We are going to Fairbanks for 4 day land tour and then Seward for our cruise to Vancouver starting June 4th.

1st for both Alaska and cruise! Thanks for your guided tour! Looking forward to the cruise train also!

• 1 month later...

W2N. We cruise a lot. (68 so far 5 planned this year) However I get sea sick and watch the cruises I go on. Also the bus side trips too. How was the motion on the seas and ground transportation. We are planning a 14 day cruise from Seattle and back summer of 2019 with grown family members. We are from Nashville, Tn too..

Phil

W2N. We cruise a lot. (68 so far 5 planned this year) However I get sea sick and watch the cruises I go on. Also the bus side trips too. How was the motion on the seas and ground transportation. We are planning a 14 day cruise from Seattle and back summer of 2019 with grown family members. We are from Nashville, Tn too..

Phil

On the ship I never felt it move at all, even when we had to abort going up to the glacier. As far as the ground transportation, the coach was very comfortable but did move some just as any large bus would. The domed train had some movement but had a calming effect. I would rate the movement on all forms of transport was very slight to none. I am sure you will have as great a trip as we had.

Can anyone recommend excursions and/or must do things for an itinerary that includes Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria British Columbia? I wish we were going to Skagway b/c I hear we could rent a car and drive up the Yukon trail from there