Lost Mayan Kingdom/Costa Maya

New to Royal Caribbean. Cruised with them more than 20 years ago, but I expect things have changed. :)

Specifically have a question about the Lost Mayan Kingdom through RC. We're looking at booking the excursion through RC, but note there is a height restriction (48"), which our three year-old granddaughter doesn't meet. The description states the 5 and under are free, so I'm just wondering how we book that. Do we leave her off the booking and let them know onboard?

We were on the Disney Wonder last month and did take her to the Lost Mayan Kingdom without a problem. Just wondering what the RC process is around this.

Many thanks for any help/advice.

Cheers,

d.

There may not be a way around the height restriction. It's usually the insurance company that imposes the restriction, and if you book the excursion, you may find yourself in a situation where you cannot take the child and cannot cancel for a full refund. You must cancel at least 48 hours in advance.

There may not be a way around the height restriction. It's usually the insurance company that imposes the restriction, and if you book the excursion, you may find yourself in a situation where you cannot take the child and cannot cancel for a full refund. You must cancel at least 48 hours in advance.

Thank you.

I probably wasn't clear. The excursion does say children under 5 are free, but when I go to reserve I'm asked if each of us is over 48" and under 260 pounds. When I say no, I get stopped in the process.

Since the average 5 year-old is around 42", these two criteria (under 5 free; must be over 48") seem contradictory. So I'm wondering if someone has had experience with how this works - or if it works - with kids under 5.

I just booked this for my August cruise. My presumption was that the height requirement is for the zip lines and slides. If you’re under, you can still go in and use the kids area etc, but no slides for you.

(fwiw my younger daughter is 47.5” so I figure she’ll gain that half inch by august)

I just booked this for my August cruise. My presumption was that the height requirement is for the zip lines and slides. If you’re under, you can still go in and use the kids area etc, but no slides for you.

(fwiw my younger daughter is 47.5” so I figure she’ll gain that half inch by august)

Yes, that was our experience for this park on the Disney Wonder as well. My 7 year-old granddaughter got to zip line while the 3 year-old was stuck with Grandma. :')

I would have suggested calling RCI but the agents will probably see the same questions when they try to book it. So that won't work.

Since you have been to the park already you know she is allowed in, so I would probably just answer the questions as if she met the restrictions and book online. Then you have a long wait for people to show up for the tour, a convenient exit from the port and a short bus ride. Tour exit is lots closer than the walking exit from the port.

Or you could book direct with the park and just walk there from the port. They have a shuttle from the port if you don't want to do the 5 minute walk. https://www.maya-park.com/

For some reason RCI books this park as zip line, water park or both for different prices but these might actually be cheaper than booking direct - I don't see an under-5 free online.