Cruise Critic Party

Sky Sweet

Joey, a little unfair my friend. Many times, like two weeks ago, the CC party was in direct conflict with an excursion. We were told the day and time late the night before. So, cut us some slack big guy. Those of us who posted for almost a year on our roll call had our own gathering the first night in the martini bar. Our own party that was very very good. Met all the great people we had been conversing with. To tell you the truth, I think that Celebrity does a lousy job with these parties anyways. Hardly any attention from most of the staff etc from what I hear. And most of the attendee's are Celebrity's biggest cheerleaders. So, don't lambast us for not attending a pretty lame party that Celebrity seems only obligated to do and does not really seem to be held in high regard by Celebrity staff. We can do our own thing.

The CC parties are handled much better on RCI. They really go all out with the hors d'oeuvres and have a bar set up. Sometimes they serve champagne. The CD is also in attendance and a raffle is held for nice prices. A photographer is there to take a group picture too. The parties are usually well attended because the cruisers feel like the staff care about them. You don't get this feeling on Celebrity.

Garry

Just wanted to ask a little something that may make you go "hmmm". Do you think its possible that people sign up that arent going just so that those who are will have enough people to have the party? Good possibility.

We had our party this past April on my Southern Carib cruise and it definately wasn't much of a party. They had it around 9:00am and they served coffee. There was 1 person serving us coffee. Maybe 16 people showed up. No food and the person serving was never around. I agree that your much better off meeting on your own. Only thing cool was that we received these pins...!

The CC parties are handled much better on RCI. They really go all out with the hors d'oeuvres and have a bar set up. Sometimes they serve champagne. The CD is also in attendance and a raffle is held for nice prices. A photographer is there to take a group picture too. The parties are usually well attended because the cruisers feel like the staff care about them. You don't get this feeling on Celebrity.

Garry

Hello Garry,

I do agree with you ......that is the same observation that I have noticed.

I was on the same cruise as emcee and there was a large group of people from this board that met on the same day/night as we boarded ( we were late arrivals so we missed it) and they had according to what I have heard later....a very good party and Sudi (martini bar) was very busy.

On the other hand the Constellation's scheduled party was at a really bad time and not too many Cruise Critic members were able to make it.

I do know, that it is always the primary reason for the 'party' .....for us to meet each other and see what faces belong to the screen names .....some true and lasting friendships even develop at those 'parties'.

But it was a lot better when some of the ships people responsible for 'our' cruise did show up and aknowledged us and helped with the party.

Back in Dec. of 2002 when 'we' had the party on the same ship: the hotel manager and few other officers showed up, the cruise director showed up and few others (including photo ). They made us welcomed on board and made us feel us part of the 'Celebrity's family'. They let us introduce ourselves, they asked us about our concerns, they provided some answers to some of the concerns and they thanked us for all the 'good stories' that most of us write about them - free advertising for them. None of these things (even that not that important) happened this time - they just ignored us. Evidently when they have occupancy of over 100%......they do not need us anymore.

Wes

I wasnt being unfair, mine was an observation of the fact people like to join things but never want to participate..I am sorry that they scheduled your party duringan excursion.. thats just not right. I just assumed that ALL the parties were scheduled for Days at sea.. Thanks for correcting me!~

It always amazes that people sign up for the CC party with never haven talked with us on the boards. You have the CC party so you can meet the people you have been talking with for 6 months.

Yes, there are people who sign up, but never chated on the boards.

Roll calls are designed for people who are taking a specific cruise, but they can be read by anyone who has a computer. That is why I prefer not to disclose any personal information on a message board. Meeting people during a cruise is very different.

Roll calls are designed for people who are taking a specific cruise, but they can be read by anyone who has a computer. That is why I prefer not to disclose any personal information on a message board. Meeting people during a cruise is very different.

That's interestibng. My partner feels differently in that he will chat on these boards online but would never meet up with what he perceives to be strangers.

Garry

I have only had the opportunity to attend one of these parties--back in Mar on Horizon. There was food, a bar, and the Capt Club hostess was there as well as a photographer (although you still had to buy the group photo). No raffle though. So have things changed where this is no longer done on Celebrity?

Also it seemed that most of the people active on our roll call thread attended although our party headcount was significantly lower than the number of people who actually registered.

mixed reviews. Last April on the Galaxy our get together was well attended, the CD was there, a senior ship's officer dropped in, the conversation turned to an amazing mix of topics from the logistics of running a ship to the never ending and changing cruise director staff, etc,etc,etc.

It was great.

Archived