Least Favorite NCL food-

mbisson

the lamb kebab - just BARELY edible - which is odd - every other lamb dish I have had on NCL has been quite good.

I have to agree and I love lamb. The cooking light onion soup served in the main dining rooms is like salt water. The French onion in the Bistro is to die for.

Two things least favorite: First I think is called Floating Islands. It's a dessert. It's meringue drops floating in a vanilla sauce. :( Second is the vegetables they serve with every meal. What is that?

By the way...notice my new avatar. Nathan's starting to smile a lot. :-)

Two things least favorite: First I think is called Floating Islands. It's a dessert. It's meringue drops floating in a vanilla sauce. :( Second is the vegetables they serve with every meal. What is that?

By the way...notice my new avatar. Nathan's starting to smile a lot. :-)

Nah - we did not notice - but you are becoming a very proud mom:)

Most of the Cooking Light recipes in the main dining rooms are very good, though. I use CL at home a lot with great success.

Still, we weren't impressed by the Pacific Heights restaurant on the Sun, and that's ALL CL recipes. Go figure.

I miss the President's Dinner. The soups and salads were especially good.

Well I am finding this thread fun. Tastes REALLY do differ. For example I love the President's Choice menu and will be disappointed if it is not on my Sun cruise in Jan but one poster hated it. I loved the avocado and pistachio soup but did not care for the fire and ice soup (my dh loved it).

Every night the main dining rooms have a pasta dish. One night I ordered a "Chinese" dish. On top it had pork strips in a hoi-sin type sauce. A little salty but o.k. Then underneath was supposed to be noodles with baby bok choi. The sauce on the noodles tasted almost like an Alfredo sauce (creamy and rich) and there wasn't a bok choi to be found in the entire dish. The salty sauce on the meat and the creamy sauce on the noodles, well the combination was just weird.

It is funny how people have different tastes. I loved the coffee and scrambled eggs (although the rest of my group hated the eggs).

Both my daughter and I were caught off guard by the "fried bait" at the tapas bar. It looked like little goldfish on a plate...we could not eat it to see if it was good. Yuck!

It is funny how people have different tastes. I loved the coffee and scrambled eggs (although the rest of my group hated the eggs).

Both my daughter and I were caught off guard by the "fried bait" at the tapas bar. It looked like little goldfish on a plate...we could not eat it to see if it was good. Yuck!

LOL, joe. I totally forgot about the whitebait fish at Salsa. While I enjoyed eating everything around them, I just couldn't handle the thought of those. I've baited too many hooks, not to see the resemblense.:eek:

Judy

I find the enchiladas in Tango's or Salsa's to be completely tasteless. They seem to be made with ketchup instead of enchilada sauce.

I had one of those shoe leather steaks. Sorry to say that it was in Cagney's on the Dawn. My steak in Cagney's on the Jewel was really tender with great flavor.

Host Cecilia: Baby Nathan has such a cute smile !!! You must really enjoy him.

Marilyn

Two things least favorite: First I think is called Floating Islands. It's a dessert. It's meringue drops floating in a vanilla sauce. :(quote]

That is one of my favorite desserts. maybe because it is very English and was something my greatgrandmother used to make. The only other place I have ever found it was at the Hotel Dennis in Atlantic City before gambling ruined the place and at the Balsam's Resort in New Hampshire.

Archived