Coral Princess vs Celebrity?

MSBYRDY

Marilyn, this is Marilyn speaking right back at you. I have sailed on the Coral and will again this next year for a repo. I have sailed Celebrity Infinity and the both of them as far as I am concerned is just the right size(1950) passengers. That is why I love the Coral so much. In fact the Coral/Island are my favorite ships in the fleet. On the Coral I have done the partial transit of the Canal and throughly love the ship. It is very easy to get around and like I said we will be on her again for the repot from FLL to S.F. If you have any other questions I will try to answer them for you. There is all sorts of info on the Coral by searching. We also like the Infinity; we did Alaska on her this past June and enjoyed the ship very much. There are good and bad things on both of the ships. I guess we cannot have the PERFECT ship, but hey it is a cruise.

Marilyn

We have cruised on the Coral (Panama Canal) and think it is one of the prettiest ships afloat. It has many options, entertainment and one of the nicest Lounges in the back of the ship we have seen. We love Princess and have done most of the cruise lines. Food and service is so subjective that it means nothing to tell you what we think, as everyone has their own opinion. We sailed Mercury 11/05 and found Mercury to be not as good as Coral. I posted speicifics and still stand by them. For those who do not try other cruise lines, they cannot provide comparisions that are valid. What can you loose by taking any cruise or cruise line? Try it and you may like it. No cruise is a bad cruise.

DH and I were loyal Celebrity cruisers until X no longer offered a Century-class, 7 night Florida-based cruise in Jan/Feb. We usually booked onboard but because of Century's drydock (since postponed) we were out of luck for 2006. I tried Coral with my sister in April and was very pleasantly surprised, so we booked the same trip for this January. I found the service on Coral to be outstanding, and although I'd put the food a notch below Celebrity's, it was still quite good. I liked the buffet food better on Coral (no salad bar on X's C-class ships and a good one every day on Coral) and Coral's pizza was too good! I liked the pool areas much better on Coral; lots of seating, freshwater, larger Jacuzzis, and a "splash zone" around the pool that allows you to sit in a few inches of water to cool off without getting soaked. The drinks are cheaper on Coral and come in 3 sizes. The production shows were excellent, very professionally produced and performed, which I could never say about Celebrity's. I used 'anytime dining' on Coral and I did miss the "dinner as an event" feel of Celebrity, but the ability to eat where and when we felt like it was a plus. Public announcements were kept to a minimum. The ship was spacious and felt uncrowded even when fully booked. Embarkation was a breeze even at noon, and departure was quicker and much more efficient than I'd experienced on X; I was in one of the later groups but was still off the ship at 9am. All in all, Coral is a beautiful ship, well run and well kept, with service equal to Celebrity's. Chances are you'd enjoy it!

Cheers,

Kirsten

We liked the Summit and Coral very much. They are just the right size for us on the large ship end of the scale (we will never again sail on a ship as large as the Voyager).

Princess and Celebrity both have their advantages and we would not hesitate to sail with either line.

Have sailed on Coral Princess twice [Panama Canal and Alaska] and on Celebrity Horizon once [Western Carib.]. I love the Coral---great cabin layouts, good space in the public areas, great adult-only Lotus spa area and pool. Service was excellent and food quite good. I thought the service on Celebrity was outstanding and the food somewhat better. I would sail either line and plan to again in the future!!

Have been on Celebrity's Mercury, and while it was a nice ship, I don't think it could hold a candle to the Coral Princess, which is a very nice ship.

Mercury was more similar to Sun Princess size-wise, although I prefer Sun Princess to Mercury also.

Very subjective, these opinions.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?

Have been on Celebrity's Mercury, and while it was a nice ship, I don't think it could hold a candle to the Coral Princess, which is a very nice ship.Mercury was more similar to Sun Princess size-wise, although I prefer Sun Princess to Mercury also.Very subjective, these opinions.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?

Totally agree with your posting. We were on the Mercury 11/05 and there were no comparisons to any Princess ship. It was a good cruise, but not like a Princess cruise. The Mercury ship, food, entertainment, service, staff was good, but was not as good as Princess.

Archived