Interior Obstructed View-aka 4J on Vista (9203)

April42749

Has anyone been in this cabin....or something similar?

It's called "Interior with obstructed view"....but it's really an ocean view all the way forward, with a public space outside.

There's an opening on my upcoming cruise....it seems perfect....but all the way forward (seasick?).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Not on the Vista (my favorite ship, btw), but we've stayed in them and will be again in May on the Conquest class ships. Great value. We've never had an issue. It's quiet and you basically have a private balcony. We love going out there at night to stargaze.

Has anyone been in this cabin....or something similar?

It's called "Interior with obstructed view"....but it's really an ocean view all the way forward, with a public space outside.

There's an opening on my upcoming cruise....it seems perfect....but all the way forward (seasick?).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Technically they are called "Interior with Picture Window (walkway view)", mainly because the "ocean view" is obstructed by the forward, solid rail. Certainly you can see the ocean beyond the railing, but is obstructed.

That said, it's our "go to cabin" on the ships that have them. We've stayed in several 4J's on several ships and love them, including 10202 on the Vista TA. Fortunately for my wife and I, we are not seriously bothered by sea conditions, so we never hesitate to book forward cabins, and we had some rough seas on the Vista TA, and other cruises we've stayed in 4J's, so really no worries for us stay that far forward.

Biggest appeal to us on those 4J's is the forward deck. Views from up there are unmatched my any other cabin on the ship. Usually forward deck is not that busy, but, sometimes folks are out there. Some "worry" about folks looking in from outside. Normally we don't care, and if we do, we just close the curtains. At night curtains need to be close so cabin light does not interfere with ship navigation. To us and others, 4J's are a good value, giving you similar benefits of both and ocean view and balcony cabin for less cost.