New to Carnival and a Couple of Basic Questions

buzzard05

We are going on our first Carnival cruise late this year and I had two questions (at least for right now....just two):

1. How are boarding times assigned? Is it completely random, or is there something I can do to affect my time slot?

2. Where do you choose ATD (MTD)? We booked through a TA, and when I view my cruise online, I don't see an option to make that choice.

Thanks!

I usually book direct on Carnival's website or through their personal vacation planner and I just log in to my booking on Carnival's website to select check-in time & dining preference. It's been so long since I've used a TA, that I don't recall how it looked back then.

When I log into Carnival & go to cruise details, there is an edit button by dining. I think the check-in time is selected in the online check-in under the to-do list on the cruise manager page.

We are going on our first Carnival cruise late this year and I had two questions (at least for right now....just two):

1. How are boarding times assigned? Is it completely random, or is there something I can do to affect my time slot?

2. Where do you choose ATD (MTD)? We booked through a TA, and when I view my cruise online, I don't see an option to make that choice.

Thanks!

I think that the CHECKIN times will come come available 120 days (approx) - note these are not boarding times but rather the time slot which you can begin to enter the terminal. It takes 30-45 minutes, on average to get on board depending. I think your TA will have to be the one to select both this, and ATD (which is accessible if available a the time of booking) - I have never used a TA for a cruise so not sure what you have control over. I know if you are eligible for rate reduction you must go through the TA.

Hi,

Can you log into your account on the Carnival web site?

Your TA should have chosen a dining time for you and it should be on your confirmation e mail and in your account on line.

IF it is not there call the TA . Since you booked with a TA they are supposed to do everything for you. Usually there is a choice shown right in your account on the web site. The same goes for "check in times" not boarding times.

You should see a place to choose check in time in your account.

The only way to get an early "boarding time" is to book a suite, or buy Faster to the Fun

Thanks!

If you're not able to select the check-in time, or the ATD option, ask your TA to do it for you.

Your ta should have given you a 6 character alpha numeric confirmation. Use this to link your booking to your account

Once you did this you can do online check in, change your dining option (early, late, or my time), bed option (king or two twin), and select check in time.

Check in time will be missing if your cruise is too far in the future. It will magically appear about 6 months before cruise (mine was at 190 days, but some reported over 200 days out)

You can also book excursions (including faster to the fun), purchase cheers, photo packages, or other fun shop options.

Only things you need to do through ta are payments, cancellations, room changes, stuff like that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

You can choose your boarding time as part of the process for completing your paperwork on Carnival's website (Carnival.com).

The same for your dining choice.

You will need your booking number.