Boatyard or Harbor Lights Turtle Swim

mrsv41605

We will be on Barbados in April, and will be visiting one of the beaches that offers the turtle excursion. My question is about what people do with their "stuff" when they go out on the boat to see the turtles. I mean my beach bags, towels, etc. I know we will pay for chairs and umbrella (it is just DH and I), but is it safe to leave (replaceable) stuff on the loungers while we are on the boat, like towels and sunscreen? Are there lockers to use instead? Is the boat ride dry enough to bring my DSLR camera and iPhone in a bag and leave on the boat while we snorkel?

Usually we have more people with us, and typically my mother is happy to stay behind with our stuff, but it is just DH and I this time, and we would like to snorkel together.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

We will be on Barbados in April, and will be visiting one of the beaches that offers the turtle excursion. My question is about what people do with their "stuff" when they go out on the boat to see the turtles. I mean my beach bags, towels, etc. I know we will pay for chairs and umbrella (it is just DH and I), but is it safe to leave (replaceable) stuff on the loungers while we are on the boat, like towels and sunscreen? Are there lockers to use instead? Is the boat ride dry enough to bring my DSLR camera and iPhone in a bag and leave on the boat while we snorkel?

Usually we have more people with us, and typically my mother is happy to stay behind with our stuff, but it is just DH and I this time, and we would like to snorkel together.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I don't know about lockers but I would suggest either buying plastic waterproof "bag" for both camera and cell phone and have it attach to a wristlet or a floatable ring (we did this with our go pro and it has been a lifesaver) or leaving one phone in safe on ship and bringing only one phone with you if you feel that you really will need it. Amazon sells the plastic waterproof cases for the phones and perhaps for your camera. We snorkel and take boat trips a lot (speedboat, kayaking...etc...) and learned the hard way to have the cases and the buoy/floatable ring.