Pupa & The Princesses: Spring Break Aboard Allure Of The Seas

I hope my 206 days fly by!! Can’t wait for our 1st time on Allure!!!! Thanks for such a wonderful review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will love your first time on an Oasis-class ship (assuming that's the case) the ship is a pure marvel, and unlike anything else at sea.

Thank you for your review, but could I ask you to change one thing? Please refer to your wife as “your” wife not the wife or just wife. My DH would be in really hot water if he ever referred to me as a the or just wife.

And Happy Anniversary to you and YOUR wife:)

Seriously? From his posts I get nothing negative from his comments at all about his wife. In fact, it's the complete opposite - it seems to me as if he adores her and thinks highly of her.

This seems like a pet peeve of yours that should be kept between you and your husband, not imposed on another couple who don't seem to have any issues with the nickname at all.

As far as the trip review, I'm loving it and all the photos. Keep it coming!

• Like 1

Thank you for the review. We love Oasis class, have been on Allure 3X, Oasis once and Harmony 2X. Returning to Allure in October, so your review helps with my excitement. Happy your wife's luggage arrived in time. I always mix our bags for that reason. My husband, like you, is fine with shorts and a couple of T shirts, but me? I'm six feet tall and wear a size 11 shoe-- not so easy to just buy a few things on the ship if my luggage never arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your review, but could I ask you to change one thing? Please refer to your wife as “your” wife not the wife or just wife. My DH would be in really hot water if he ever referred to me as a the or just wife.

LOL I think you just opened a can of worms!!!:o

LOL I think you just opened a can of worms!!!:o

Wow. I really think you should stop telling other people what to do, and stop imposing your views on others. Just because you’re uncomfortable with his terminology does not mean everyone else is.. and most importantly it gives you no right to tell others how they should structure their sentences.

And Happy Anniversary to you and YOUR wife:)

You’d be really upset with my father then. My parents have been married almost 42 years, he’s always called her either “old woman” or “L A R D” spelled out, letter for letter just like that. It obviously works for them, after 42 years of wedded bliss and all. Would I be happy if my hubby called me L A R D? Heck no, because each marriage is different and special in its own way. Lay off the OP, it his marriage, not yours.

Love your review. Happy belated birthday to you and happy anniversary to you both with many more to come. Your little girls are precious and so so cute. You seem like a fantastic dad and husband.

You’d be really upset with my father then. My parents have been married almost 42 years, he’s always called her either “old woman” or “L A R D” spelled out, letter for letter just like that. It obviously works for them, after 42 years of wedded bliss and all. Would I be happy if my hubby called me L A R D? Heck no, because each marriage is different and special in its own way. Lay off the OP, it his marriage, not yours.

:') LARD!! That’s too funny! Congrats to them on 42 years! I’ve been married 15 years, I occasionally refer to my husband as “the kids dad”! People might assume something if they overheard that, but we all know what happens when we assume...

Day 5 at Sea

& Happy Birthday to Me

IMG_0352.jpg

Most people who know me will tell you, I’m pretty big on putting others first.

That exists with my family more than anywhere else… I don’t like to make a big fuss

about my birthday, or Father’s Day and the such.

But I have no idea WHAT I WAS THINKING when I booked and paid for a 7am character breakfast on the morning of my birthday.

a 6am wakeup call, was not Happy 40th for me.

29366492_10216573004901542_644630477520502784_n.jpg

But when you look at those faces how can you say no???

Character breakfast was enjoyable, essentially you have a seat and they bring out 3 dreamwork characters one at a time and they go table to table and take photos with you while you eat your breakfast.

29343198_10216573003741513_4343787025317494784_n.jpg

They also do a little dance in the open area at the entrance of the dining room.

They were fun photo opps. My wife was a expecting a bit more but the kids were pleased and hey that’s all that matters.

IMG_6826.jpg

After our early breakfast, we got the kids ready for Adventure Ocean. They haven’t gone during the day, the entire cruise, but both had something they wanted to do.

So, we dropped them off and had a rare early morning cocktail to celebrate my 40th. I’m not a big drinker, so I think I may have had 2-3 sips of mine.

IMG_5404.jpg

Then it was off to the spa. I mentioned earlier I had been working a lot of long hours previous to this trip, and I decided to splurge today. I booked the 180 minute massage in the spa.

They were PACKED.

Struggled to find a room, and when they got me one, it wasn’t the therapists usual room and she knew where nothing was, so she asked me to come with her while she tried to find yet another room.

Finally she took an empty couples massage room, so plenty of space, and that was nice. My massage was very nice. I had lots of tension in my shoulders which she kept mentioning, but she didn’t seem to focus a ton of time up there, and we did have a lot of time on her hands. All that being said it was still a very relaxing experience. We had a great conversation, I passed up the upsale, and planned to come by again, but just couldn’t work it out with the schedule.

Day 5/Birthday --- continued

29356945_10216573006661586_7087411519821971456_n.jpg

After a little sisterly love at lunch — there was the Family Fun day on the boardwalk. If you have kids, you must do this. There’s games and activities, free ice cream and popcorn, and just a little carnival free for all type activity for the little ones. We had great memories from the last one, and enjoyed this one as well.

IMG_2795.jpg

My oldest daughter was a little disappointed when I told her we had to leave as I had a surprised planned for them. They eyes rolled even more when we went all the way forward on deck 12 and I told her we were doing a bridge tour.

IMG_0706.jpg

Why?? I’ve seen bridges before, why do we want to tour one.

29342605_10216573007941618_820345771512561664_n.jpg

Of course little bit’s eye widened when she realized we were going WHERE THEY DRIVE THE BOAT!!! AH!!!!

The girls enjoyed the captain’s lair and learning all about the ship and how it works and how the crew manages responsibilities and what not.

29388360_10216573010101672_7589906814959878144_n.jpg

They were very welcoming and it was a wonderful view and great highlight of the day and trip.

I made sure to get in some alone time with the sea — which I adore — a pisces all the way.

Day 5/Birthday --- continued

29340084_10216573012901742_5631626303233851392_n.jpg

Pupa’s birthday dinner that night was Samba Grill, because how could you go wrong with meat!

Well… I did realize it was also second formal night so I would miss lobster in the dining room.

:-(

It was no problem for our amazing server in Samba who went out of his way to keep our party of 8 happy. He got all our favorite wines brought up, two huge platters of lobster from the dining room and burgers and Mac & Cheese for the kids.

He kept the meat coming and dealt with the laughter and antics of our wonderful group of friends!

29366448_10216573030462181_662022140131803136_n.jpg

The kids checked out early to go have fun in Adventure Ocean, and the adult kids cracked jokes, recalled past cruises and friends and helped this over the hill guy feel so special.

We hit up the Battle of the Sexes show in dazzles afterwards and it was good for a few laughs, and then partied the night away in Boleros into the wee hours of the morning. This resulted in several FaceTime calls to friends who didn't make the trip. Whether my Voom Internet was working or I did these through Cellular at Sea remains to be seen. I better go log on to AT&T now.

:') LARD!! That’s too funny! Congrats to them on 42 years! I’ve been married 15 years, I occasionally refer to my husband as “the kids dad”! People might assume something if they overheard that, but we all know what happens when we assume...

LOL at kids dad. I've have my husband listed in my phone as "baby daddy" :'):')

Too bad this couldn't be your new profile picture at work. I think someone should just pay you to travel around with family and friends and report back. I hope my DH & I run into your troupe and group of friends on board someday!

IMG_2018.jpg

First Day at Sea Tomorrow!

Always loved your reviews. We too have cruised with our cruise buddies - such wonderful friendships. Welcome to Dallas! Hope you guys will be very happy here. Hopefully you will get to do Liberty out of Galveston sometime - it's a great ship and a lot of fun.

My father calls my mother Porky lmao

Day 6 Cozumel

29357156_10216573759560408_6457190696234254336_n.jpg

We are creatures of habit, and so we ventured to our usual Chankannaab beach in Cozumel. Taxi driver tried to encourage us to try another place a little cheaper, but worried to make a last minute split decision on the word of the cab driver, with kids in tow, we went back to our same beach.

We found a seat in almost the same spot, had the exact same waiter we’ve had for the past 3 visits, and I ordered my same fish tacos and dos equis.

IMG_9476.jpg

The girls went snorkeling, and my daughter swears she saw the same big blue fish she saw last time…. see a trend here?

lol

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_9112.jpg

It was a quiet leisurely relaxing day in the heat, where you just soak up the fact that you’re not at work, and you’re enjoy the caribbean sea, sun and breeze.

We made sand angles, buried each other in the sand, laughed and just had good family time.

It was busier today than usual, not enough chairs for everyone, but still a fun filled day.

29314868_10216573756160323_1211008437614280704_n.jpg

We planned to stay onboard this day, as the security concerns of the ferry were rampant, and all ferry related tours were cancelled. The guy next to us at the beach said, “We’re staying at a resort on the mainland, came here for the day, took a ferry, didn’t blowup!” lol

Headed back to port — to a super busy line with both Liberty and Allure in port together. But it was nice to hang out with all the Texans also on spring break.

The lines led to our first meltdown of the cruise…. little bit was having it. Water at Chankannab was too rough for her, so I think she just had too much time in the sun.

29340288_10216573760360428_394640913919377408_n.jpg

Day 6 -- Continued

Back on board, to watch the runners try to make Liberty which is always fun.

IMG_7003.jpg

Have to give a shot out to my daughter, she’s a girl scout, and sold cookies earlier this year. She wanted to set aide a few boxes of cookies to give to some of the workers on the ship as a random act of kindness. She handed out thin mints to the cabin stewards today and it was awesome.

29366262_10216572079438406_8183214512057352192_n.jpg

the kids went to AO, and we had dinner planned at Izumi. It didn’t happen.

So I booked our Izumi reservation at home, pre-cruise, long ago. We show up and they go to seat us on the sushi side, and not the Teppanyaki side. My wife and our friend Lisa both don’t do sushi, even though I adore it.

I asked for the Teppanyaki side and we’re told it’s full.

I asked well how do you make reservations over there? I made mine several months ago online and there was no option to choose sushi side vs. Teppanyaki side.

I got shrugged shoulders. Followup questions didn’t get me anywhere either.

So…… where do we go for dinner now?

IMG_2366.jpg

You know our luck with MyTime Dining, but tonight, IT WORKED.

We walked up — no reservations — and they could seat us!

Maybe it helped that we were still docked.

We had wonderful service, a good meal, and truly enjoyed our night here.

IMG_7710.jpg

Another testament to how smooth sailing was, we sat at the table watching the Carnival ships move closer toward us and could not tell if we were moving or the carnival ships. Everything was just so smooth and flawless.

Turned in early with the little one, and my wife and oldest we’re enjoying ship on their own. We’re in bed, pajamas and tucked in by like 9:45pm or so and my youngest says

Daddy, I’m hungry, lets get a snack.

Now…. my wife would lecture that she should have eaten more at dinner, and she already brushed her teeth, and other parent type things, but I said, ok…. lets go!

IMG_0881.jpg

Nothing like a 10pm trip to Johnny rockets in your PJ’s. I had the biggest bacon burger ever, I couldn’t even eat half. She knocked out some grilled cheese, it was great.

Now time for the last day onboard!

Edited by RCCL Fan
titling

Always loved your reviews. We too have cruised with our cruise buddies - such wonderful friendships. Welcome to Dallas! Hope you guys will be very happy here. Hopefully you will get to do Liberty out of Galveston sometime - it's a great ship and a lot of fun.

You're too kind! Thank you. I write for a living --- this is kinda my guilty pleasure at the end of a long day.

My wife said today that she likes reading my reviews because it's like reliving the vacation ha!

We do plan to get to Galveston soon, my brother and sister in law just moved to Houston, so we have even more reason to get down that way. I've heard the rumors Allure will sail out of Galveston in 2020 and that's exciting.

As for Liberty, I'll admit it's my least favorite class ship. Seems to have a bit too many people for the space. But.... I've never had a bad RCI cruise. We've done freedom and indy, so liberty probably should get a whirl too.

Thanks for the welcome to town, if you figured out where I work from the photos in the beginning, I hope you check us out. :-)

Too bad this couldn't be your new profile picture at work. I think someone should just pay you to travel around with family and friends and report back. I hope my DH & I run into your troupe and group of friends on board someday!

IN MY DREAMS.... I couldn't think of a better retirement job.

Such a kind thing for you to say, and by all means give a yell if you see us onboard one day.... my bunch is pretty easy to spot