Can you use StraightTalk on the ship with WIFI?

Is it an straight talk smart phone, if it is you should be able to Wi-Fi calling.

That was my experience with my husbands phone. I on the other hand have a iPhone but I wanted to experiment with my husbands phone.

Edited to add that it was a TracFone but I believe it’s the same company.

Edited by ladylikes2cruise
Not really sure

Is it an straight talk smart phone, if it is you should be able to Wi-Fi calling.

That was my experience with my husbands phone. I on the other hand have a iPhone but I wanted to experiment with my husbands phone.

Edited to add that it was a TracFone but I believe it’s the same company.

I had also have an IPhone, but with a StraightTalk SIM card. So, you think, ordering the ship's WIFI would work?

I had also have an IPhone, but with a StraightTalk SIM card. So, you think, ordering the ship's WIFI would work?

Try it at home. Put the phone into Airplane mode, turn on WiFi, and see if you can do whatever it is you want to do on the ship.

I can confirm we used it on our cruise last year on Oasis. Of course, you won't be able to use calling or text. A strange thing happened, though. I connected to wifi in Mexico (Cozumel) while off the ship and it messed up my Sim card. This has happened to us twice now, once to my phone, and once to my husband's. So I would recommend only using the ship's wifi.

I can confirm we used it on our cruise last year on Oasis. Of course, you won't be able to use calling or text. A strange thing happened, though. I connected to wifi in Mexico (Cozumel) while off the ship and it messed up my Sim card. This has happened to us twice now, once to my phone, and once to my husband's. So I would recommend only using the ship's wifi.

Thanks for the heads-up!!