Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

They were finished. Exhilarated and a little tired from all the climbing and adrenaline of the jumps. An extremely successful outing.

Let me add the people here were sooooo nice! Everyone we encountered. Other drivers, the lifeguard/tour staff, security - they were delightful. They do treat their tourist extremely well. We were welcomed with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They used the facilities to change and no one wanted to go to the beach any longer. The DD was sunburned from Labadee and isn't a big sun person to start with. So, we decided we were hungry and asked our guide to take us to the best place in town for Patties. OMG. Heaven!!

We drove all the way back to Falmouth for the best of the best patties. It was just across from the Port. Juici Patties.

3949fabf2f9e91d754f44eb3a2eac4bd.jpg

15e23421527a64bf2de600bbd4593291.jpg

There was a long line and we waited about 15 minutes for our little bites of heaven. Ordering was a little challenging. There were no veggie, cheese or shrimp Patties available although on the menu. Sold out maybe? Not the same welcome or help like the tourist site. But we figured it out. We had three beef and cheese Patties and one soy pattie, two orders of fries and two bottles of water. That was USD$11.

0f93221cab9c2c009fd9887416c88f28.jpg

704f4bee1c1ff79db91f6d257b6e9a78.jpg

Back at the Disneyland port, we did some shopping and taking in the sights. The DH had a thrilling time at the ATM. He asked for $500 cash. The machine grinds away and then comes up with a screen to tell him it is not working. Only to have the system reset itself for the next customer. Odd. It gets worse. Bing. Text comes in from Chase notifying him of his $505 withdrawal from an ATM in Falmouth. Wow. That stinks!!! All ended well. Ended up with an debit and a credit. But the text with no money left a little worry.

Here are a few port pics.

We are current people!!! Back to a live review!!! Today we've both hit the gym. The DH is a dedicated athlete. Me, not so much. Next on the docket is Caymus wine tasting at 4 for those of you planning your afternoon... We have dinner at Jamie's tonight at 8pm and I'm hoping we can meet up with Flannbar and his lovely wife for drinks before dinner.

I must hear more about his personal Jeanie!!! How could this cruise be made better? He may have cracked that code! Will share all his secrets if we get a chance to meet!!! 8ef67dd897b53c47bebf52426c17bb1d.jpg

Our view currently.

Nope. Sabor will not sell chips and salsa or guacamole. Rats! We took our drinks to mini bites at the recommendation of a couple at the bar- they had they have great nachos?? But we got there at 5:39. They closed at 5:30. Nachos were not in the cards.

Thanks so much for asking! Bummer! But we will remember the suggestion about the nachos.

Thanks again for the great review. So glad to see that you all are having a wonderful time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you like me to meet me and wife for drinks before dinner? We are heading out now for our bridge tour.

Hey Flannbar, we'd love to if the schedules work. We have Caymus at 4-6. Then Dinner with the girls at Jamie's at 8. Were free in between. You guys??

You sure it’s a sports bar? By its title I’d think it might be something more exciting. :')

I might need to do this tour just to post a photo of this place in a live review. Oh the descriptives, I don’t think I could contain myself like you did. I could/might lose another CC point.:D

Taking my review no where good I see. Bob, where are you Bob?!! Ha!!!

Ocho Rios has the James Bond Pier, which goes back to Dr No. I’d guess that is the movie. We need Courtney, I mean Tim, to chime in.

It is claimed to be Live and Let Die. 1973. Bond drove a speedboat over that very bridge!

Hey Flannbar, we'd love to if the schedules work. We have Caymus at 4-6. Then Dinner with the girls at Jamie's at 8. Were free in between. You guys??

We are available now (2pm) until our dinner at 7 and then Ice Show at 10:15.

Here's my new trivia question. I'm a RCI newbie. On the pic the ship trivia says

She has 7 neighborhoods. More boroughs than NYC. I only know of two neighborhoods! Boardwalk and Central Park. 7??? What are they??5349a1fd88c467a324588f4e0905361b.jpg

Here's my new trivia question. I'm a RCI newbie. On the pic the ship trivia says

She has 7 neighborhoods. More boroughs than NYC. I only know of two neighborhoods! Boardwalk and Central Park. 7??? What are they??

Boardwalk, Central Park, Royal Promenade, Entertainment Place, Pool & Sports Zone, Youth Zone, and Spa/Fitness.

She has 7 neighborhoods. More boroughs than NYC. I only know of two neighborhoods! Boardwalk and Central Park. 7??? What are they??

Central Park

Boardwalk

Promenade

Pool/Sports Zone

Vitality Spa

Entertainment Place

Kids Club area

So these amazing skaters performed skills I've been watching on TV since a kid. I never dreamed I'd see it in person! Triple axels - nailed! You name it. Straight from the Olympics. I'm not even kidding. The talent level off the charts!!! Wow. Just wow.

But that story. Sorry. I've got nothing.

I know!! Isn’t it amazing that they can do that in the first place, but on a tiny rink on a moving ship!!! Wow!! You don’t realize how small that rink is until you skate on it.

Royal is also not know for their story lines for shows. While the shows are pretty amazing, the story lines are pretty strange. I don’t think anyone gets them, except for the Broadway types shows of course.

I almost beat him to it...

You guys are good! I had no idea they were neighborhoods. Now I'm wondering if I'm in one on 14???

Sabor is about a third seated. I'm surprised folks pay $23 each for lunch here. The menu seems so limited. The venue is lovely and well placed but that just seems pricey for tacos and guac. f7e23f6ff2f19904120a4db27d1d7eb4.jpg

We are available now (2pm) until our dinner at 7 and then Ice Show at 10:15.

How about 6pm then? We will be at Vintages but are open to whatever.

The Dream Catcher looks wonderful, I wonder if we can get that on the Allure anywhere? As I believe this is from a restaurant not on the Allure???

I've not seen the wonderland drinks any where but Wonderland but someone with more RCI knowledge might know better.