Cruise Insurance Question[emoji848]

zlacruising

Has anyone had to cancel their cruise using the insurance bought with the ship? I'm in the process of doing it. I should be able to get 70% of what I paid, but have to cancel cruise first and then talk to insurance company and fill out paper work. It takes at least 3 weeks. My reason is work related which I don't think the insurance will cover, so it goes back to NCL to be put on future cruise which is fine with me. I'm just worried it doesn't work that way and I lose the whole amount. Anyone been through this experience? I would appreciate any advice or experience anyone has had. Thanks in advance.[emoji173]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Read your policy or call the insurer before you do anything else. No way for us to know what coverages you have or don't have, and whether your reason is sufficient to be paid out on. If insurance won't cover I don't know why NCL would issue a future credit versus refunding whatever prorated amount you may be entitled to. If that was the case it removes incentive to take insurance for cancellation.

Read your policy or call the insurer before you do anything else. No way for us to know what coverages you have or don't have, and whether your reason is sufficient to be paid out on. If insurance won't cover I don't know why NCL would issue a future credit versus refunding whatever prorated amount you may be entitled to. If that was the case it removes incentive to take insurance for cancellation.
I know, but when you get the insurance they say you can cancel for any reason. Maybe if the insurance won't cover, NCL gives you 70% of what you paid toward another cruise which would be $2,200 in my case. I am hoping this is the case. I was hoping someone reads this that has had to do it. Just don't know. They didn't give me a policy. It was in the part that says 90% back, 70% back for a cheaper price, and 0$ if you didn't want any insurance.

Has anyone had to cancel their cruise using the insurance bought with the ship? I'm in the process of doing it. I should be able to get 70% of what I paid, but have to cancel cruise first and then talk to insurance company and fill out paper work. It takes at least 3 weeks. My reason is work related which I don't think the insurance will cover, so it goes back to NCL to be put on future cruise which is fine with me. I'm just worried it doesn't work that way and I lose the whole amount. Anyone been through this experience? I would appreciate any advice or experience anyone has had. Thanks in advance.[emoji173]

Information on NCL insurance https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/booksafe

Yes.

Step 1: Cancel your cruise. As part of the cancellation, you will pay the cancellation penalty based on where you are with penalties https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Step 2: When you cancel, you get a cancellation receipt telling you exactly how much you will be refunded. And how much "penalty" you will have to pay.

Step 3: File a claim with the NCL insurance company. They will ask for the cancellation receipt. They will ask for the reason for cancellation. If you can make it match one of the covered reasons, great, you will get the cancellation penalty refunded by the insurance company. You will need to provide proof that the cancellation was result of one of the covered reasons.

Step 4: The insurance company will notify you and NCL if they decline the claim

Once that notification occurs, NCL will place a credit for 75% of the declined amount (90% for platinum coverage) on your account. In the future, you can use that amount against a future cruise. You have to use the entire amount for once cruise.

Information on NCL insurance https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/booksafe

Yes.

Step 1: Cancel your cruise. As part of the cancellation, you will pay the cancellation penalty based on where you are with penalties https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Step 2: When you cancel, you get a cancellation receipt telling you exactly how much you will be refunded. And how much "penalty" you will have to pay.

Step 3: File a claim with the NCL insurance company. They will ask for the cancellation receipt. They will ask for the reason for cancellation. If you can make it match one of the covered reasons, great, you will get the cancellation penalty refunded by the insurance company. You will need to provide proof that the cancellation was result of one of the covered reasons.

Step 4: The insurance company will notify you and NCL if they decline the claim

Once that notification occurs, NCL will place a credit for 75% of the declined amount (90% for platinum coverage) on your account. In the future, you can use that amount against a future cruise. You have to use the entire amount for once cruise.

Thank you![emoji5] This makes me feel better about canceling. I appreciate the information.